diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro - FIVE Units Down. Something's awry here...

Honestly, I had not considered the SHP to be an issue --- have never seen any errors with it other than circuit 1 kept disconnecting/erroring and it wasn't seated 100% --- fixed that. So you're saying even though the SHP wasn't charging my DP's, it could be the issue? Sorry, just want to better understand what on earth is going on.
Like i stated in my post the panel passed the wiring test every time. but when I would try to switch to battery power "pop" thats what I would here and then another DP would go down. They tried to blame my loads but that wasn't the issue and I proved that to them before they would admit the panel had an issue

Like i stated in my post the panel passed the wiring test every time. but when I would try to switch to battery power "pop" thats what I would here and then another DP would go down. They tried to blame my loads but that wasn't the issue and I proved that to them before they would admit the panel had an issue
Roger that... thank you. I just wanted to confirm what I was reading. Appreciate the heads up. Why do you think more people aren't reporting all of these issues and all these significant youtube influencers are supporting / supporting and advocating for people to use ecoflow products knowing they have all these issues?

Roger that... thank you. I just wanted to confirm what I was reading. Appreciate the heads up. Why do you think more people aren't reporting all of these issues and all these significant youtube influencers are supporting / supporting and advocating for people to use ecoflow products knowing they have all these issues?
I think its a case of a company growing faster than they are ready for... I think that the delta pro is a good product but they are trying to add too many new products without truly working out the bugs. Quality control could be the true problem. Several people may get a SHP with no issues and then a lemon. My system worked on 8 circuits of my house for about 6 months with no problems. When you see a bunch of firmware updates on any product that usually means they didn't vet their products they way they should have.... and you shouldn't be coming out with more when you aren't servicing what got you to where your are already. They're not the only company that has these issues. Partially I blame the hype society we live in today. Companies feel compelled to keep coming out with new things to keep the publics attention. More clicks, more money. Not necessarily more quality

I think its a case of a company growing faster than they are ready for... I think that the delta pro is a good product but they are trying to add too many new products without truly working out the bugs. Quality control could be the true problem. Several people may get a SHP with no issues and then a lemon. My system worked on 8 circuits of my house for about 6 months with no problems. When you see a bunch of firmware updates on any product that usually means they didn't vet their products they way they should have.... and you shouldn't be coming out with more when you aren't servicing what got you to where your are already. They're not the only company that has these issues. Partially I blame the hype society we live in today. Companies feel compelled to keep coming out with new things to keep the publics attention. More clicks, more money. Not necessarily more quality
All great and valid points. But why in the world would the big YouTube influencers put their reputation on the line for a company with these kind of practices? Or is it more important for them to be posting up videos about the newest shiny objects and forget about support, firmware issues and such? Just trying to understand better. Thank you!

All great and valid points. But why in the world would the big YouTube influencers put their reputation on the line for a company with these kind of practices? Or is it more important for them to be posting up videos about the newest shiny objects and forget about support, firmware issues and such? Just trying to understand better. Thank you!

Most of the YouTube reviews only test the products briefly for a day or two. They don’t use them daily for months on end so they never experience major flaws.

Most of the YouTube reviews only test the products briefly for a day or two. They don’t use them daily for months on end so they never experience major flaws.
Understood but one would think that people (me included) look for them to test if they endorsing products like ecoflow and follow up on issues, not just testing shiny objects for a day or two. Is that not the case? I mean, they are getting a lot of free equipment from these companies and endorsing them with limited testing (day or two) I would think puts them in a weird position. This is especially true when, in some cases, they've endorsed products with, what could be, significant safety issue(s) such as what we're discussing with smoke, burning electrical stuff, etc.

I used mine for months of daily cycling without issue. Running loads for time of use in San Diego. I sold that house though. Still have all five units working except charge circuit on one is fried. Everything else still working

I used mine for months of daily cycling without issue. Running loads for time of use in San Diego. I sold that house though. Still have all five units working except charge circuit on one is fried. Everything else still working
Will, did you test the delta pro with the smart home panel or without? Maybe, as someone has mentioned in this thread, the SHP is the culprit? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why I came home to a basement full of smoke with burnt electrical equipment (you can tell that smell) to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else (safety first).

Will, did you test the delta pro with the smart home panel or without? Maybe, as someone has mentioned in this thread, the SHP is the culprit? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why I came home to a basement full of smoke with burnt electrical equipment (you can tell that smell) to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else (safety first).
Without, only double voltage hub and I used a timer switch to charge it at off-peak hours

And yeah that's awful! Might need to pull from my recommendation list. I'm going to scan the forum today for other issues like this

Without, only double voltage hub and I used a timer switch to charge it at off-peak hours
Roger that. Thank you for chiming in. Very helpful. BTW, I have my ecoflow delta pro (I have 5 of them --- 3 DP's and 2 EB's) and am sending this unit back and they have told me they will send me a refurbished one after they've done their analysis. Seems like they are standing behind their product which is a good thing but still doesn't get to root cause analysis....

Roger that. Thank you for chiming in. Very helpful. BTW, I have my ecoflow delta pro (I have 5 of them --- 3 DP's and 2 EB's) and am sending this unit back and they have told me they will send me a refurbished one after they've done their analysis. Seems like they are standing behind their product which is a good thing but still doesn't get to root cause analysis....
Good to know. And I agree

And yeah that's awful! Might need to pull from my recommendation list. I'm going to scan the forum today for other issues like this
Will, I posted up on the FB forum (Delta Pro forum) and people are coming out of the woodwork stating they too had the same issue (burning , smoking). I was hoping that would NOT be the case.

I don't think it's always the case that the product doesn't work. The product does work, and you're almost never going to get a perfect product for your application. Units fail because of components, sub-components, and, yes, even flat-out DOA. I work for a company where I see all the ins and outs of what goes right and wrong. I'm sure the percentage of defective units is low compared to the good units out in the field. I believe customer service for these types of companies needs more personnel and better training, after all. Support usually has a script and canned responses, so they are limited in what they can do, say, and/or try.

If you check other online forums, you will usually find that only negative things get posted, so it becomes the only thing you see. Try to find helpful reviews, and it’s usually just a handful. Anytime there is an excellent product, people don't post much unless it’s a review, and it tends to be limited (they tend to be boring). Go try and find videos for the ECOFLOW Pro from end-users, and there are only a handful. Their product is working for them until it’s not.

Full disclosure, I own the following from the Kickstarter campaign:

• EcoFlow DeltaPro (x2)
  • EcoFlow DeltaPro Extra Battery (x4)
  • EcoFlow Smart Home Panel
  • EcoFlow HUB adaptor
  • EcoFlow Delta MAX(V1)
  • EcoFlow WAVE(V1)And other little supporting accessories.
If you asked me if you could take another route, would you? I’d say yes. I would just get one DeltaPro as I do like the platform as a standalone mobile station. Right now, I’m getting ready to transition to the EG4 18Kpv as the main unit to run EcoFlow Smart Home Panel (SHP). The 18Kpv is backed by 4 EG4 -LL batteries (20kwh) and 5kw+ (another 5kw sitting on a pallet) of PV.

All in all, like Will Prowse says in many of his videos, “Only time will tell” how a product will turn out and the company backing it.

I don't think it's always the case that the product doesn't work. The product does work, and you're almost never going to get a perfect product for your application. Units fail because of components, sub-components, and, yes, even flat-out DOA. I work for a company where I see all the ins and outs of what goes right and wrong. I'm sure the percentage of defective units is low compared to the good units out in the field. I believe customer service for these types of companies needs more personnel and better training, after all. Support usually has a script and canned responses, so they are limited in what they can do, say, and/or try.

If you check other online forums, you will usually find that only negative things get posted, so it becomes the only thing you see. Try to find helpful reviews, and it’s usually just a handful. Anytime there is an excellent product, people don't post much unless it’s a review, and it tends to be limited (they tend to be boring). Go try and find videos for the ECOFLOW Pro from end-users, and there are only a handful. Their product is working for them until it’s not.

Full disclosure, I own the following from the Kickstarter campaign:

• EcoFlow DeltaPro (x2)
  • EcoFlow DeltaPro Extra Battery (x4)
  • EcoFlow Smart Home Panel
  • EcoFlow HUB adaptor
  • EcoFlow Delta MAX(V1)
  • EcoFlow WAVE(V1)And other little supporting accessories.
If you asked me if you could take another route, would you? I’d say yes. I would just get one DeltaPro as I do like the platform as a standalone mobile station. Right now, I’m getting ready to transition to the EG4 18Kpv as the main unit to run EcoFlow Smart Home Panel (SHP). The 18Kpv is backed by 4 EG4 -LL batteries (20kwh) and 5kw+ (another 5kw sitting on a pallet) of PV.

All in all, like Will Prowse says in many of his videos, “Only time will tell” how a product will turn out and the company backing it.
So eloquently stated and agree with you. BTW, I need to look into the 18kpv so I can learn more about its features.

Sorry for all the troubles you guys are having.. It seems like a good share of problems come up on the Delta Pro's when people use them in the EPS mode.. General rule seems to be not to ever plug it in to AC mains while using the AC inverter.. The genius idea of using the inverter as the charger on the surface is a smart idea, but just seems to lead to the early death of these units..

Sorry for all the troubles you guys are having.. It seems like a good share of problems come up on the Delta Pro's when people use them in the EPS mode.. General rule seems to be not to ever plug it in to AC mains while using the AC inverter.. The genius idea of using the inverter as the charger on the surface is a smart idea, but just seems to lead to the early death of these units..
That's actually how I fried the charge circuit in one of my units. I think it should have an isolated AC input. Would cost more though.

Did you use the smart home panel with your DP’s or did you use a non ECOFLOW transfer switch?

Back