diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro - FIVE Units Down. Something's awry here...

I am new here. Any help would be much appreciated. I have 4 EcoFlow Delta Pro"s having the same issue. EcoFlow has been very slow and not had much if any good responses. The latest firmaware update will not install in any of the units. Firmware upgrade 0.3.06. When I press the firmware button to upgrade it they connect but the upgrade sits at zero percent for hours and disconnects from the internet. I have unlinked all units, deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have used a different tablet and different phone and nothing seems to work. Sorry to jump into a different discussion. The people in this chat seem to know what they are talking about. Thanks
Hey Bob,
What issue are you having, exactly, other than the inability to upgrade the firmware?...

Have you tried using a different internet connection?... Are you trying to update all the units simultaneously?...

Without knowing details (which error code you're getting), it's hard to suggest much, but there are several situations where Ecoflow simply would want you to return the units.

They do suggest updating the firmware first and foremost, upon receiving the units. (It's strange that they seem to arrive with outdated firmware universally... I laugh thinking that they themselves can't get the firmware to update, as I too had some issues with that as well.)
I'd join the Ecoflow Delta Pro facebook group and search for help there with your particular error code as well as the newest on updating the firmware. (This has been problematic for a while. )

-Scott

P.S. I have one unit that seems to be working still. I've not used it extensively, but it's outlasted the previous units I have, so fingers crossed I finally got a good one.

I would join the Facebook EcoFlow group. Lots of info. on codes there.

Error 105 is one that is not fixable, from everything I've learned. You'll have to got through a return.

I would just email them and provide all the info. they ask for right off the bat (first email), including a video of the error in action. Otherwise you waste an exchange or two with them asking for things.

Full Name:
Shipping Address:
City:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:
Serial Number:
Sales Channel:
Order Number:
Date of Purchase:

<ATTACH VIDEO> and include description.

-S

Hey Scott, sorry I have been super busy. Well, EcoFlow did eventually make things right for me. Currently, I am running with good results. However, I do have a small worrisome issue that just started happening and then went away, so I'm waiting to see if it manifests itself again. The SHP (Smart Home Power) starts clicking for some reason. I don't receive any error messages, and everything appears to be functioning properly. I'm unsure what the issue could be as it has only happened twice that I know of. It's as if one of the relays is continuously tripping, but there are no error indications and everything is working fine.

I just bought an EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter and Battery so I'm going to try and figure out how to marry them to the ECOFLOW SHP. That way make better use of my solar array via EG4 instead of the Delta Pros and also store the extra power on super sunny productive days!

best wishes,

-Dan

Only guess I've got: is it possible your AC power source is "dirty"? Overvoltage, not a good sine wave, something like that?
As regards dirty power: I have a Honda inverter generator, EU2200i. I also have a 12 KW Honda generator that is NOT inverter. Nobody on these channels, forums seems to indicate the need to state categorically whether or not an inverter generator is necessary. Am I missing something? Is "inverter generator" something that's simply understood anymore?

As an aside, the GenVerter from EG4 seems to take in any power, clean it up, put out DC.

Last edited:
I was going to buy 2 Delta Pro units as an emergency house backup. I'm glad I didn't. Based on all of the complaints I have read and the amount of reconditioned units on the market, I decided they aren't ready for prime time. Their price also seems high for what you get. Good luck figuring out what your issues are.
To one and all, there appear to be a lot of "moving parts" in any of these battery backup systems. The companies seem compelled to leverage any reputation by laying out new products ahead of the competition.

The danger in these "solar generators" appears to be that all of one's eggs are in the one basket. ... Compare that to the hand trunk system that Will put together. ... EG4 seems to be a good all-in-one, with problems isolated to the main parts.

Thanks for that, man. It's power coming from the city (not a generator), but I don't know how likely factors in a home might be to blame for something like that. (I would hope the Delta Pro could handle a "dirty" modified sine wave without problem.)

-S
See my comment about the EG4 GENVERTER. They seem to be able to clean up dirty power to DC.

Just out of curiosity I looked up EcoFlow Delta pro. It seems that this is one of those battery power packs. Rather shocking the price listed for the unit. $3,699! This is for a listed 3600wh battery device. As comparison a simple 300amp-hour 12 volt battery is 3,600wh. Or a 150ah 24v battery.

Add in their so called Smart panel to allow home hookup and you are really paying out a lot for a little.

Beware marketing hype.
In addition to the marketing hype, I'm learning to keep my expectations low until these companies sort themselves out. Also, at the risk of overthinking, I think much of this is a reflection of Americans' desires to have it ALL, have it FAST, have it SEAMLESS. ... I spent my formative professional years in power production. I'll be happy if I have lights, refrigeration, maybe even a window unit. For heat I will back up with wood, propane.

Just came home to a house full of smoke... turns out my Ecoflow Delta Pro was blowing out all kinds of white smoke and holy smokes smells like electrical stuff burning. I've had mine connected to the same two renogy solar panels since I got it and it was working fine. i'm considering getting all of the Ecoflow out of my house now..... as I'm afraid of it burning down my house.

@Blown284 if you feel it's unsafe... then you should remove the items... just curious what panels do you have and what is the temps your experiencing. Voltage may have crept up to unsafe level (over 150vdc will do it). Just my two cents.

@Blown284 if you feel it's unsafe... then you should remove the items... just curious what panels do you have and what is the temps your experiencing. Voltage may have crept up to unsafe level (over 150vdc will do it). Just my two cents.
It's being removed. I had that unit connected to two Renogy 550w panels to which each are 49.7v/each ... 100v max for two temps have been anywhere from 20's to 50s farenheight . Well under the 150vdc limit of the DP.

Last edited:
Yeah thats good voltage... the mppt could have been faulty. I'm curious are you getting any fault codes? Any symptoms besides the magic smoke? I've been there too.

Yeah thats good voltage... the mppt could have been faulty. I'm curious are you getting any fault codes? Any symptoms besides the magic smoke? I've been there too.
Yes, I suppose so since it scared the hell out of my wife and I coming home to the basement full of smoke and got me in the doghouse with this solar project with the wife thinking I messed something up. LOL. No fault codes ever. No symptoms at all besides the smoke and incredibly awful burning electronics smell. Ecoflow has sent me a shipping label to send this back and has offered to send me a refurbished unit. My question to them which I think is pretty reasonable. How can you assure me the refurbished one won't burn my house down or catch fire? They said they do "rigorous" testing. I said, well didn't you do rigurous testing with the new unit that just burned up.... more to come. I guess I'll be without an ecoflow for a few weeks. I have another one as part of my system but I've turned it off for safety purposes right now. Super paranoid.

Hey Scott, sorry I have been super busy. Well, EcoFlow did eventually make things right for me. Currently, I am running with good results. However, I do have a small worrisome issue that just started happening and then went away, so I'm waiting to see if it manifests itself again. The SHP (Smart Home Power) starts clicking for some reason. I don't receive any error messages, and everything appears to be functioning properly. I'm unsure what the issue could be as it has only happened twice that I know of. It's as if one of the relays is continuously tripping, but there are no error indications and everything is working fine.

I just bought an EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter and Battery so I'm going to try and figure out how to marry them to the ECOFLOW SHP. That way make better use of my solar array via EG4 instead of the Delta Pros and also store the extra power on super sunny productive days!

best wishes,

-Dan
As far as I understand the SHP is only compatible with the EcoFlow Delta Pro. If you figure out a way to use it with anything else, that would be great, although after my own experience with EcoFlow products and seeing so many other people with issues with them,I bailed on EcoFlow products last summer and sold all my EcoFlow stuff on Ebay except the Wave 2 heat pump ;). They just don't seem to be able to get their ducks in a row when it comes to their firmware/software. It looks great and runs fine for a period of time, but there were always some issues that were promised to be fixed "in the next firmware release", but it seems to be a never ending hamster wheel.

As far as I understand the SHP is only compatible with the EcoFlow Delta Pro. If you figure out a way to use it with anything else, that would be great, although after my own experience with EcoFlow products and seeing so many other people with issues with them,I bailed on EcoFlow products last summer and sold all my EcoFlow stuff on Ebay except the Wave 2 heat pump ;). They just don't seem to be able to get their ducks in a row when it comes to their firmware/software. It looks great and runs fine for a period of time, but there were always some issues that were promised to be fixed "in the next firmware release", but it seems to be a never ending hamster wheel.
I do have it connected to the SHP but I also already also have a connection outside the house for my generator should all hell break loose. I haven't completely abandoned them but I have been working on my own DIY setup recently to include a victron 250/100 mppt as well as two 48v batteries.

Yes, I suppose so since it scared the hell out of my wife and I coming home to the basement full of smoke and got me in the doghouse with this solar project with the wife thinking I messed something up. LOL. No fault codes ever. No symptoms at all besides the smoke and incredibly awful burning electronics smell. Ecoflow has sent me a shipping label to send this back and has offered to send me a refurbished unit. My question to them which I think is pretty reasonable. How can you assure me the refurbished one won't burn my house down or catch fire? They said they do "rigorous" testing. I said, well didn't you do rigurous testing with the new unit that just burned up.... more to come. I guess I'll be without an ecoflow for a few weeks. I have another one as part of my system but I've turned it off for safety purposes right now. Super paranoid.
Yeah this happend to me as well.
I'm actually transitioning to 18kpv as source power and the SHP as critical load panel. So I know your situation. The system has its kinks which make it a pain to work with at times.

Yeah this happend to me as well.
I'm actually transitioning to 18kpv as source power and the SHP as critical load panel. So I know your situation. The system has its kinks which make it a pain to work with at times.
Your ecoflow had the smoke/burning issue too? Also, since I'm in the process of transitioning off the ecoflow stuff, I have the Victron 250/100 and want to ensure I am not going to trigger any potential issues. It looks like I can put all 4 of my Renogy 550w panels in series since they are 49.7v each which would be 200v total (approx). Before I go and even consider it, does that sound acceptable?

Your ecoflow had the smoke/burning issue too? Also, since I'm in the process of transitioning off the ecoflow stuff, I have the Victron 250/100 and want to ensure I am not going to trigger any potential issues. It looks like I can put all 4 of my Renogy 550w panels in series since they are 49.7v each which would be 200v total (approx). Before I go and even consider it, does that sound acceptable?
Yeah but it was my fault voltage spike... weather was colder than expected that year. As for the other system look at the spec sheet. I'm assuming it's 200vdc at 100Amp max?

Did some quick poking around...

What is the max wattage for the Victron 250 100?
According to the manual the SS 250/100 CC has a nominal max wattage of 5800w and if more PV power is connected, the controller will limit input power.

Victron link

EcoFlow Delta Pro - Reliable, Trustworthy?

I posted this is the EcoFlow FB group with minimal constructive input, so I'm turning to the veterans here.

TLDR: I’ve now gone had three EcoFlow Delta Pro units go down (overload errors), all within weeks of entirely normal use (two were not even providing output power when they went down). Wanting feedback os to 1.) Whether these are early unit issues that might have been remedied 2.) Whether there might be something I’m not doing or could be doing, 3.) Whether perhaps I should try to bail on EcoFlow.

—————

I tried make this short, but the story is a bit sordid. I’d like to gather opinions as to what I could do and what I might be doing wrong.

I went all in as a kickstarter backer, picking up 2 x Delta Pro’s, 4 extra batteries, 1 x Smart Generator, 2 x Smart Home Panel (for my RV and my Home), Double voltage hub, 2 x portable 400W solar panels, etc. I wanted to be able to travel with 1 x DP plus 2 batteries (or more) and move between home and RV as needed in the event our power outages.

Within a month of use both of the Delta Pro’s have gone down with overload errors, and EcoFlow has replaced both.

— First unit was sitting at home, plugged in to a wall outlet (resting at 100% charge), no load on it (I was preparing to start integrating to my home breaker box). It popped the breaker in that room and then was deemed in need of replacement. (An overload error)
— Second Unit had the magic smoke issue with Overload Error 105. Sent that one back.

<Crazy debacle trying to get replacement - the post I put on FB previously was deleted by a mod there (CYA) - as one of the returned unit was sent BACK to me, so I had to return that one a second time.>

— Now… one of the replacement units has succumbed to overload error 105 and after an attempt at a long-press reset (firmware is up to date), it won’t stay on, but reverts to standby. This is, from what I understand not fixable. I contacted Customer service <last weekend - see PS update, new unit on the way> - they know me well.

(Also, one of the remotes simply stopped working, and they sent a replacement, no questions asked.)

So, I’ve now had 3 EcoFlow Delta Pro’s go down, popping breakers in my home and producing white smoke. There seems to be no distinct use pattern to the issues as far as I can tell. First one was inside (air conditioned) with zero output. Second (White smoke) was in the RV on a cool morning, no heavy load - it just started smoking. Third was in the RV at maybe 85-90˚F running a ~200W load (fridge and overhead lights) and I turned on my A/C (which requires about 1400W), a scenario I’d gone through dozens and dozens of times without issue. (I always switch the A/C stepwise to minimize power surges to the extent possible.) I’m using the 30A output of course in the RV.

—————

I want to be able to be off-grid and ensure my dogs are safe in my RV (with air conditioning; I will be using a GPS based pet monitoring system) for short periods of time (<2hr), but I’m concerned that:
-I don’t have a reliable system in the EcoFlow Delta Pros. They simply keep falling prey to irreparable error
-The white smoke issue is a scary one, as there could be a fire hazard. Loss of air conditioning with a fire at the same time does not excite me.

When this second unit went down, I was on the road and needed to cut my trip short, as the off-grid form factor was no longer a possibility (b/c I didn’t have a backup unit, rendering my smart batteries essentially useless)

———

Are these issues being addressed, i.e., are the units coming out now having less of these errors?…
Am I just terribly unlucky here?
Should I perhaps try to sell my system? (I don’t want to sell someone something that doesn’t work, of course.)
It’s great that EcoFlow does indeed sent out replacement units as they should, but concerning that this seems to be par for the course, so to speak.

I’d welcome your thoughts…

-Scott

P.S. Three days after messaging support about the 3rd unit to go down, they simply sent me a new unit without any correspondence and then sent me a message a couple days later.
Sounds like the Smart Home Panel is the problem to me. Have you noticed the complete redesign of the SHP with the SHP2.

I had 2 Delta Pros, 4 xtra batteries, and the smart home panel (first one), the SHP was defective and fried one of DP’s, it took a month to replace the DP but ECOFLOW wouldn’t admit that the problem was the SHP. So with that philosophy on what was wrong they continued to say the error was on the DP side and the same thing happened again and they had to replace both DP’s the second time. That took 2 months. Then I refused to connect the DP’s to the SHP because I knew it would happen again but they insisted on connecting everything and running a wiring test. It passed the wiring test but fried a board in one of the DP’s again. They finally admitted the SHP was a problem. They replaced one more DP after 6 weeks of back and forth. I had to pay an electrician to disconnect the SHP, they told me to send them a copy of the bill. They did send me a new SHP (took 6 weeks) and never reimbursed me for the electrical work. I’m done with them. I sold everything except for one DP that I use as a mobile solar generator not on my house. I now have a Sol-Ark system and I’m using grid as backup 24/7. Yes more money but the real deal. Horrible customer service at ECOFLOW… Sol-Ark tech support 👍🏻👍🏻

Sounds like the Smart Home Panel is the problem to me. Have you noticed the complete redesign of the SHP with the SHP2.

I had 2 Delta Pros, 4 xtra batteries, and the smart home panel (first one), the SHP was defective and fried one of DP’s, it took a month to replace the DP but ECOFLOW wouldn’t admit that the problem was the SHP. So with that philosophy on what was wrong they continued to say the error was on the DP side and the same thing happened again and they had to replace both DP’s the second time. That took 2 months. Then I refused to connect the DP’s to the SHP because I knew it would happen again but they insisted on connecting everything and running a wiring test. It passed the wiring test but fried a board in one of the DP’s again. They finally admitted the SHP was a problem. They replaced one more DP after 6 weeks of back and forth. I had to pay an electrician to disconnect the SHP, they told me to send them a copy of the bill. They did send me a new SHP (took 6 weeks) and never reimbursed me for the electrical work. I’m done with them. I sold everything except for one DP that I use as a mobile solar generator not on my house. I now have a Sol-Ark system and I’m using grid as backup 24/7. Yes more money but the real deal. Horrible customer service at ECOFLOW… Sol-Ark tech support 👍🏻👍🏻
Honestly, I had not considered the SHP to be an issue --- have never seen any errors with it other than circuit 1 kept disconnecting/erroring and it wasn't seated 100% --- fixed that. So you're saying even though the SHP wasn't charging my DP's, it could be the issue? Sorry, just want to better understand what on earth is going on.

Back