diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12K 3P and Seplos 16s 200A with CAN multipacks

xjan

Hi, I have 3 (2 more coming) 280ah 16s battery boxes with SEPLOS CAN and LCD/BT

I have paralleled the batteries through RS485 and dip switches, can seen the individual and the whole pack in BMS tool.
If I switch the dip to 5 on and 1 off for CAN and connect it to the Deye, setting 00 it shows battery voltage and I know it sees all packs as the discharge/charge A have multiplied.

However, I do not see the detail info about the individual packs on the Deye LCD. Should I even :)?

Any setting on the BMS or Deye side I could try? Hooking up the parallel packs using RS485 port to Deye BMS port - no luck, comms error...

What BMS protocol have you set on your inverter? Can you probe address 210-221 via IS485?

I have set 00 on the Deye. Shows up as ShEnergy

Attachments

• 327994575_786366122849418_801607808127152469_n.jpg
    327994575_786366122849418_801607808127152469_n.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
Actually the above is a wrong pic, after changing the DIP to 6, 1, 2 ON on the boxes it shows
Charge 300A and Discharge 585A

Same with another friend using Taico boxes connected with RS485... no detail/sum buttons

Can your inverter charge and discharge your batteries but you are missing the functionality to see info on each pack on your Deye?

I don't own the Deye yet, just planning on getting one, but it could simply be the case that the info panel on the Deye does not support this. Have you considered a third party solution, for example Solar Assistant?

That is one option, but first I'd like to make sure Deye really does not get the full info and there are no settings errors...

@xjan, would you mind posting the pinouts of the RJ45 connectors - from the BMS to the invertor? which pin number have you used? Can you post a picture of the connectors?

thank you!

@xjan, would you mind posting the pinouts of the RJ45 connectors - from the BMS to the invertor? which pin number have you used? Can you post a picture of the connectors?

thank you!
on the bms side a normal cable, at the inverter side ligth blue,blue and green on 4,5 and 6 are required, nothing more should be connected

Do you know solar assistant? I'm going to use it and apparently I must use RS485 for communication between deye and seplos
use it myself...
either use a utp splitter on the bms port, or make your own utp connector, where pin 4-5-6 go to the seplos and 7-8 to your rs485 connector in your raspi/orangepi.

alternatively , connect your deye with a usb to serial, but then you cant use the wifi dongle

use it myself...
either use a utp splitter on the bms port, or make your own utp connector, where pin 4-5-6 go to the seplos and 7-8 to your rs485 connector in your raspi/orangepi.

alternatively , connect your deye with a usb to serial, but then you cant use the wifi dongle
Solar assistant sent me 2 extra cables.
Deye RS485 to USB to pi
Seplos RS485 to USB to pi

So I should be able to use those 2 cables for solar assistant and the WiFi dongle

Solar assistant sent me 2 extra cables.
Deye RS485 to USB to pi
Seplos RS485 to USB to pi

So I should be able to use those 2 cables for solar assistant and the WiFi dongle
the seplos one goes into one of the rs485 ports on the seplos.

the deye one will need to share the bms port with the connection to the seplos on de deye bms port.
your bms will talk canbus to your deye, solar assistant will read indormation over rs485 on the same port ; you need a splitter

the seplos one goes into one of the rs485 ports on the seplos.

the deye one will need to share the bms port with the connection to the seplos on de deye bms port.
your bms will talk canbus to your deye, solar assistant will read indormation over rs485 on the same port ; you need a splitter
So I need to split the CANBUS port on the seplos? 1 split to pi usb 1 split to deye CANBUS port?

Back