diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12K 3P and Seplos 16s 200A with CAN multipacks

this is coming from the bms..
please see in the faults log what the error in normal human language is (f errorcode).
my best guess is a cell inbalance in one of your batteries
Hello, I have managed to connect the batterymonitor v 2.1.9 to my BMS. I have 5 battery packs. The software is able to see only 4 of the five. It is not able to see the pack number 00. 1689802021989.png

Hence I am not able to investigate the error that I am getting above.

For the sake of troubleshooting, i have connected the RS485 cable to the first battery (master) and saw 4 batteries. I connected the same cable to the lat battery and I saw the same 4 batteries. So it is not a cabling issue.

I wonder if anyone can help? I am not sure it is a software issue...

Hello, I have managed to connect the batterymonitor v 2.1.9 to my BMS. I have 5 battery packs. The software is able to see only 4 of the five. It is not able to see the pack number 00. View attachment 158307

Hence I am not able to investigate the error that I am getting above.

For the sake of troubleshooting, i have connected the RS485 cable to the first battery (master) and saw 4 batteries. I connected the same cable to the lat battery and I saw the same 4 batteries. So it is not a cabling issue.

I wonder if anyone can help? I am not sure it is a software issue...
set dip 5 ( master ) off and you'll be able to see all you batteries.
Just be aware your inverter will tempory only see 1 battery ( battery 00)

Hello. These are the errors I am getting:
As a reminder this is the summary of my problem:

I have a 21kWp PV installation connected to 3 deye inverters of 8000 W each set in parallel. They communicate via CAN with a BMS with five batteries of 200 AH 48V each.

From time to time, I am getting this error from my BMS: 0x0100 0x0000. As a result the Deye inverters stop seeing the fiv batteries and drops the charging and discharging max current from 262 Amps and 495 Amps to 52 Amps and 95 Amps.

See pic for error:
364953-img-c77a6a9b9a6c-1-jpeg

Ay idea how to solve this issue? I have contacted the battery vendors and they could not help.

As a reminder this is the summary of my problem:

I have a 21kWp PV installation connected to 3 deye inverters of 8000 W each set in parallel. They communicate via CAN with a BMS with five batteries of 200 AH 48V each.

From time to time, I am getting this error from my BMS: 0x0100 0x0000. As a result the Deye inverters stop seeing the fiv batteries and drops the charging and discharging max current from 262 Amps and 495 Amps to 52 Amps and 95 Amps.

See pic for error:
364953-img-c77a6a9b9a6c-1-jpeg

Ay idea how to solve this issue? I have contacted the battery vendors and they could not help.
So either :

1.You have a cabling issue
2. You haven't setup your dip switches correct
3 you are running different versions of the BMS that aren't compatible

To exclude things..
Leave batteries in stack , but disconnect comms cable, if they are balanced you should be fine.
If error doesn't occured with only master connected, connect next pack, see if error occurred, if not.. next
Right up untill you identify BMS causing issue.
If master generates issue, use other battery as master, if error still there, replace utp cable

I had a similar issue that happened to me. 4 Mason batteries. Master battery connected with CAN to master inverter (Deye 3ph 12kW).

After 2 months in operation, I got the same alarm as you on the Deye (0x0100), thus reducing charge/discharge to only one battery.

It turned out to be one of the slave batteries, blocking communication of all of the slave batteries. I found this out when swapping around the RS485 cables on the slave batteries. As soon as I plugged in the 'bad' battery(Seplos BMS), all RS485 communication between BMS's failed. I sorted this by disconnecting the DC48volt cables into the Seplos battery, and powering off the BMS(hold the reset battery for 3sec). And wait 10sec, before I turned it on and reconnecting the dc48 volts cables. Then it started to work as normal again.

This fault has not happened again, and I am unsure why it did occur. I have did however have an additional PC connected to the RS485 port of the batteries, to read the status of the 3 slave batteries. I have speculated on if this additional communication(since both CAN-Master battery communicates to the slave batteries over RS485) and the Seplos PC RS485 software combined put to much stress or caused this hiccup of the RS485 on the BMS. I don't know, but it has not happened again and I no longer have the PC software connected at the same time

this is coming from the bms..
please see in the faults log what the error in normal human language is (f errorcode).
my best guess is a cell inbalance in one of your batteries
Hello. It has been a while. I am still having this same issue. To clear it, I power off my five batteries and then turn it back on and the error disappears. My Deye end up seeing the five batteries until further notice… in the past year I recalled all five batteries and set them at equal length to remove any possible imbalance. This did not help. Any clue how I’d be able to solve this issue ?

So either :

1.You have a cabling issue
2. You haven't setup your dip switches correct
3 you are running different versions of the BMS that aren't compatible

To exclude things..
Leave batteries in stack , but disconnect comms cable, if they are balanced you should be fine.
If error doesn't occured with only master connected, connect next pack, see if error occurred, if not.. next
Right up untill you identify BMS causing issue.
If master generates issue, use other battery as master, if error still there, replace utp cable
Hello. Actually when i disconnect the comms cable (Serial) from the master battery, the BMS sees only one battery instead of the five I have. I think this is a normal behavior. Is that what you are suggesting? What i did now is switched the master role to the second battery.

Back