diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12K 3P and Seplos 16s 200A with CAN multipacks

So I need to split the CANBUS port on the seplos? 1 split to pi usb 1 split to deye CANBUS port?
you need to split the bms port in the deye ( see sa explation on their help page )

so :

--- seplos can
bms port
--- rs485 to solar assistant

your seplos bms will have 1 canbus cable going to your deye ( with the splitter), and 1 cable going from rs485 (a or b) to your solar assistant

you need to split the bms port in the deye ( see sa explation on their help page )

so :

--- seplos can
bms port
--- rs485 to solar assistant

your seplos bms will have 1 canbus cable going to your deye ( with the splitter), and 1 cable going from rs485 (a or b) to your solar assistant
There are 2 BMS ports on my inverter. Its the 8K 1 phase.
SA says I use inverter bms CAN port to Seplos BMS CAN
And Inverter RS485 port to pi usb

So I don't split anything?

Attachments

• sunsynk_5k-406efded0d71b72d6557cba55c6dfc69.png
    sunsynk_5k-406efded0d71b72d6557cba55c6dfc69.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
There are 2 BMS ports on my inverter. Its the 8K 1 phase.
SA says I use inverter bms CAN port to Seplos BMS CAN
And Inverter RS485 port to pi usb

So I don't split anything?
ah, i thought you had the 12k, sorry about that ..
here's the SA page explaining how to connect the rs485 to the other models :

ah, i thought you had the 12k, sorry about that ..
here's the SA page explaining how to connect the rs485 to the other models :

I'm getting a bit confused now.
I'm wondering if I even need to use a direct CAN cable from the seplos BMS to the Inverter CAN?

If I just use inverter RS485 to pi and seplos RS485 to pi won't solar assistant just relay bms data to the inverter?
Or is it best to use CAN direct and SA RS485?
Because in my inverter settings I have to choose if I want to use CAN or RS485 communication.

I'm getting a bit confused now.
I'm wondering if I even need to use a direct CAN cable from the seplos BMS to the Inverter CAN?

If I just use inverter RS485 to pi and seplos RS485 to pi won't solar assistant just relay bms data to the inverter?
Or is it best to use CAN direct and SA RS485?
Because in my inverter settings I have to choose if I want to use CAN or RS485 communication.
using a direct CANBUS connection would be my preference, but that is me

Is there a diagram for the Deye/Seplos CAN cable pins?
yes it is in the documentation of the bms...
but let me simplify it for you :)

what i use :
normal ( precrimped ) UTP cable on the BMS side, on the Deye side :

White-Blue pin 4
Blue pin 5
Green pin 6

Hello. I’m having an issue but not where it is coming from (BMS or Inverter). I have 3 paralleled 8k deye inverter connected to 5 GSO batteries of 200 ah each. They communicate over CAN with the master inverter. From time to time I’m getting this error alarm 0x0100 0x0000. Hence the whole battery bank is reduced to the charge discharge limit of a single battery! To recover from this error, I have to disconnect the batteries (I have MCCB for that purpose) turn all batteries off and then back on and reopen the MCCB. In this case the whole battery bank charge discharge current ends up being correct.

Any clue what is happening, what causes this error and how can we fix it permanently?

Attachments

• 95607E70-0537-4CA3-8D23-FB6FE51DFF0B.jpeg
    95607E70-0537-4CA3-8D23-FB6FE51DFF0B.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 44
  • B2C6A933-355E-4F25-AF11-EE3B5DC6E043.jpeg
    B2C6A933-355E-4F25-AF11-EE3B5DC6E043.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
Hello. I’m having an issue but not where it is coming from (BMS or Inverter). I have 3 paralleled 8k deye inverter connected to 5 GSO batteries of 200 ah each. They communicate over CAN with the master inverter. From time to time I’m getting this error alarm 0x0100 0x0000. Hence the whole battery bank is reduced to the charge discharge limit of a single battery! To recover from this error, I have to disconnect the batteries (I have MCCB for that purpose) turn all batteries off and then back on and reopen the MCCB. In this case the whole battery bank charge discharge current ends up being correct.

Any clue what is happening, what causes this error and how can we fix it permanently?
this is coming from the bms..
please see in the faults log what the error in normal human language is (f errorcode).
my best guess is a cell inbalance in one of your batteries

yes it is in the documentation of the bms...
but let me simplify it for you :)

what i use :
normal ( precrimped ) UTP cable on the BMS side, on the Deye side :

White-Blue pin 4
Blue pin 5
Green pin 6
@houseofancients it is only pin 4 and 5 is used for CAN --- GND 6 is ground for 485 comm, we need only 2 cables for CAN communication !!

i'll just leave this here

seplos requires additonally a ground, or i'll get crc errors

but hey, do whatever floats your boat
1683818814080.png

It is working for me -- no errors at all.
!!!!!!!! But it is one mistake >> GND on Inverter BMS port is on pin #6
So best option is to use pin #6 GND pin #7 A+ and pin 8 B-
This is working for me Deye 3F 10kW + 2 x seplos BMS
regards Kris

View attachment 148747

It is working for me -- no errors at all.
!!!!!!!! But it is one mistake >> GND on Inverter BMS port is on pin #6
So best option is to use pin #6 GND pin #7 A+ and pin 8 B-
This is working for me Deye 3F 10kW + 2 x seplos BMS
regards Kris
Hello, I have two questions to this "working" config:
What versions of the Seplos BMS do you have?
Which DIP-Switch Settings are you use on the Seplos BMSes? The CAN-Settings?

I have exactly the same config, and can't find working options. I can decide CAN-Dip-Settings to work with Inverter or RS485 DIP-Switch-Settings for Solar-Assistant. No change to get work both.
Please help with working settings.

I have exactly the same config, and can't find working options. I can decide CAN-Dip-Settings to work with Inverter or RS485 DIP-Switch-Settings for Solar-Assistant. No change to get work both.
once you set the CAN switch to "on" effectively RS485 is disabled on that bms..

this is coming from the bms..
please see in the faults log what the error in normal human language is (f errorcode).
my best guess is a cell inbalance in one of your batteries
It lasted for a while without this error. Now it is coming back. You have mentioned to look in the fault logs. Where can I find these logs? How to get access to them? Are these the logs in the inverter or the BMS logs?

It lasted for a while without this error. Now it is coming back. You have mentioned to look in the fault logs. Where can I find these logs? How to get access to them? Are these the logs in the inverter or the BMS logs?
for bms logs/faults you will need the windoes software, logs are conviniently located under "log"

you inverter fault log can be found under system setting -> device info

Hi. I 'm using mixed config, so Deye 3F 10kW + 3 x battery sets (2 of them are 10E and one is old 10C model.
For Deye communication CAN is in use, BMS connacted to CAN has all DIP SW set to off (CAN with Deye working only this way).
2nd BMS has DIP switch 1 ON, 3rd BMS has DIP switch 2 ON (this is for RS485 communication BMS to BMS)
On Deye it looks like only 1 BMS is visible but SOC is average value from all BMS's so correct to work with all BMSs.
On RS485 I have as well Solar Assistant connected (working perfect) and from time to time PC <> RS485 and Seplos Battery Monitor software in use.
Only 1 thing - Seplos Battery Monitor and Solar Assistant can not be in use at same time (looks like request for data are too aggresive).
So I'm using Solar Assistant for daily monitoring, but can use Seplos Battery Monitor from time to time if need to modify any parameters or check batteries balance ( at this time I'm disconnecting by software Solar Assistant ).
1684704853336.png1684704915273.png

Hi. I 'm using mixed config, so Deye 3F 10kW + 3 x battery sets (2 of them are 10E and one is old 10C model.
For Deye communication CAN is in use, BMS connacted to CAN has all DIP SW set to off (CAN with Deye working only this way).
2nd BMS has DIP switch 1 ON, 3rd BMS has DIP switch 2 ON (this is for RS485 communication BMS to BMS)
On Deye it looks like only 1 BMS is visible but SOC is average value from all BMS's so correct to work with all BMSs.
On RS485 I have as well Solar Assistant connected (working perfect) and from time to time PC <> RS485 and Seplos Battery Monitor software in use.
Only 1 thing - Seplos Battery Monitor and Solar Assistant can not be in use at same time (looks like request for data are too aggresive).
So I'm using Solar Assistant for daily monitoring, but can use Seplos Battery Monitor from time to time if need to modify any parameters or check batteries balance ( at this time I'm disconnecting by software Solar Assistant ).
That's great. These settings are working for me with a deye 10k and two seplos bms too.

Back