diy solar

diy solar

Deye: Is remote configuration possible?

burgerking

Hi,

I am sick of having to configure my Deye on site.
Is it possible through APP to configure Deye remotely?

I heard higher ups can view our config and such.

Last edited:
I also use Solarman, but it is for viewing.

What I want is ability to review and change these settings:
1664568269474.png1664568290563.png1664568300420.png
etc
etc
(of course not necessary seeing the same screen, but reviewing and settings the values).

Can solar assist do this?

Last edited:
Solar Assistant can change those settings on the Sol-Ark so it should work with the Deye.
Are you sure the Solarman account you have is set to Installer level access?

I am not sure.
Is this done only when creating the account?
Or is this something I can switch/change anytime?
I think it has to be done when creating the first account. The Installer can then add in other accounts for viewing.
I had no idea what I was doing at the start so I called Sol-Ark and they upgraded my first account to Installer. I am pretty sure I could have done it without them but I was juggling 20 different things at the time so I just took the easy route.

Currently, Solarman could not process "gmail" accounts.
So I went and removed the plant and created a new account (using yahoo), and this time I specifically set "Installer".
Still no go
1664577694902.png

Seems that I need to get Solarman/Deye to enable it, like how you got Sol-Ark to enable your account.

Yes I suspect they will have to activate it with Installer permissions.

Deye will activate remote control if you email them at service@deye.com.cn. Also they will reduce the data refresh interval to 1min if you ask them so solarman will update every 1min instead of 5min
Why it s late update of reading not live on the app solarman… and are u sure they can help us fix that issue and let us change remotely

Currently, Solarman could not process "gmail" accounts.
So I went and removed the plant and created a new account (using yahoo), and this time I specifically set "Installer".
Still no go
View attachment 114310

Seems that I need to get Solarman/Deye to enable it, like how you got Sol-Ark to enable your account.
Not true i use gmail on solarman app

Why it s late update of reading not live on the app solarman… and are u sure they can help us fix that issue and let us change remotely
live updates take resources to process. Solarman is free. If they charged like $5 a month then they could have done live 1 sec updates.

And yes they will reduce it to 60 sec remotely

live updates take resources to process. Solarman is free. If they charged like $5 a month then they could have done live 1 sec updates.

And yes they will reduce it to 60 sec remotely
Do u think growatt or other competitor brands are live not late like solarman

Are you sure solarman is 60 sec i feel it s more like 2-3 min

I got updates from my Deye in Home Assistant every 60'' thru Solarman from 5 to 15'.

For remote is 60'' but fail communication a lot so I do it locally it's safer and faster, you only need to know the serial number of the dongle and connect to his wifi.

Deye has it's own app for mobile so I no longer user Solarman prefer the one from Deye it uses solarman credentials.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deyesolar&hl

What
I got updates from my Deye in Home Assistant every 60'' thru Solarman from 5 to 15'.

For remote is 60'' but fail communication a lot so I do it locally it's safer and faster, you only need to know the serial number of the dongle and connect to his wifi.

Deye has it's own app for mobile so I no longer user Solarman prefer the one from Deye it uses solarman credentials.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deyesolar&hl
s the name of deye app

Back