diy solar

diy solar

Discounted SOK 12v, 100ah - bad BMS

wiseacre

Solar Addict
$100 each (I believe there are 2 at that price with another two going for $250)
If interested I'd ask if there are others, the Savings Shack doesn't list everything laying around

Bad timing for me otherwise I'd buy all that Current Connected has on their Savings Shack.
Maple Sugaring season is about to begin and I need supplies.

Note: I've bought 16 (206ah cells) salvaged from other SOK batteries and they've all proved to be as good as new.
Dexter would not pass off anything of poor value
I would love to add these to my collection of Current Connected salvaged (cells) batteries (2) 24v, 200ah and (2) 24v, 206ah) all like new and full capacity.

The reason they're so cheap is CC is moving to a new warehouse and would rather ship them out rather than move them
(We will be moving our Las Vegas warehouse from 2/28 through 3/3. Orders placed prior to 2/27 will not have any processing delays.)
I believe shipping is free (at least that's how I got mine)
https://ss.currentconnected.com/

I'm going to sleep on it, I may decide not to upgrade my syrup making pan and go for the "limited time offer".
G-dam finishing pan would set me back 600 smackadoodles, it would save me hours and hours of staring at boiling sap but then I'm retired and have the time.

The same one you linked, I could see removable buss bars in the photo....
FYI battery hookup has some good prices on BMS and power supplies at the moment.
Battery hookup is a good place to buy small LifePO4 small cells, I bought some from them.
I cannot wait to get this SOK, $25 per 100Ah cell is really good.

It appears there are 7 more available
I hit the quantity button and it went to 7

Dang, just when I thought I dodged the temptation - it doubled
Wait! you bought all 7? so no more available?
BTW, I am blaming you for making me buying more battery! I was just going to look only, LOL!

Last edited:
Wait! you bought all 7? so more?
I was wondering after seeing 3 bought if maybe the site wasn't updating so I just added more until it stopped at 7.
I was thinking of buying the 2 shown but now I'm thinking 4 to build an 8s2p

Arrgh, I really do want that maple syrup finishing pan but a deal like this is far and few between

That would be me! It was time for dinner. I bought 4 of them, I'm hoping to get them setup 16s.

Thanks for the heads up on these wiseacre!

I know I'll kick myself for not doing the same but I already have 460ah @48v and my starter build is collecting dust.
3 left. Time to put the phone down and walk away ?

I think it's great that CC can keep accurate inventory on even clearance items yet another frequently discussed vendor on here can't even keep track of a charger....
Just had to put that out there. I'm sure @Jennifer will appreciate it ?

I'm glad you all bought them out! It was really tempting to do the same as solar (stupid auto correct) sollap and build it into the cheapest, good quality 48v 100ah battery. I mean, $400 for 5kWh! I don't think I've seen a deal like that before.

I don't have it on the budget right now and for now my storage seems adequate, but man that was tempting.

Last edited:
Glad to find this thread - There is a lot of stuff that I haven't had the 5 minutes to make a post on there going up this week. I'm very glad you guys are enjoying these deals and keeping salvageable parts from going to waste.

Now that said,
That would be me! It was time for dinner. I bought 4 of them, I'm hoping to get them setup 16s.
I don't recommend the heated batteries in series, unless you use your own 16s BMS...but that makes controlling the heated pads tricky.

Some things going up this week:
Junctek battery monitor (qty 1)
ALFAA "pure" (not so pure) sine wave inverter (1)
Victron Multiplus-2 inverters with a couple dings and dents (shipping damage) (qty: 2)
Foxpower 24v 120v inverter/charger 3600w (low frequency) qty: 1

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning on the heating pads Dexter. My plan is to go with a 16s BMS, and keep the heating pads in reserve. I don't need them right now since my gear is indoors, but being a DIY guy means it's only a matter of time before I have a use for them.

Now I've got to figure out how to get the balance leads from a 16s across the 4 batteries withount making new holes in those beautiful cases. At the moment, I'm thinking some kind of custom raceway installed under battery terminals. I'll need to see the batteries to know what will work. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Back