diy solar

diy solar

Discussion of cells with diy battery bank

As long as you guys don't release a "server rack 280" should be good, why anyone thinks they should be racking a 300LB battery is beyond me, all those years dealing poweredge 720... meh...
Try racka full of SAN's ;)
Those 120 disk monsters of the past.

Fortunately that also though me to always have a hydrolic rolling lift around ;)

As long as you guys don't release a "server rack 280" should be good, why anyone thinks they should be racking a 300LB battery is beyond me, all those years dealing poweredge 720... meh...
I’d rather have 4 cases than 8. I don’t view the weight as an issue personally

the cheapest cell on the market is the 280ah, big announcement coming this week
Any updates on when the announcement will be? There’s a refurbished inverter on your site that my trigger finger is getting ancy on. Before I buy individual 304ah cells I wanted to see what you guys were going to announce

I could not wait for SS-James announcement (Not this Time). I pulled the trigger on a few sets of LF280K cells from 18650 store.
Local pickup day cannot come soon enough... hoping my budget doesn't get dissapointed from any upcoming announcement, though with all the technologies prices are getter much better for most of us.

@SignatureSolarJames we are still waiting in anticipation! I know this thread was created by the admin and not James. He may not even know it’s here

How do you know it was created by the admin? James is the first post.
It was originally a comment James made in one of the lengthy eg4 18k threads and an admin mentioned the thread split

It would canabalize there server rack battery sales.
That may be outweighed by the server rack battery sales missing out on part of the market. I'm looking at an end goal of 30-45kwh and I'd rather have 2-4 BMS involved, rather than 6-9. But now that I know the context of this thread better, I agree it seems less likely.

Interesting. Looks very nice. Game changer for many DIY battery builders. Very good to see Distributors coming out with competitive solar products. ...And at competitive capacities. 280AH units.

How can we get another shipping quote, this is perfect for me but the shipping on the checkout is $1,467.00 I have had forklifts shipped from Texas for less than this. Heat is not an issue here only cold, do they have third party shipping to zipcode 97006. It looks better built than trophy battery.

I am currently DIY my battery with 16 304 cells and daly 200 bms, but its on a shelf.

Ba Bam!

I knew it wasn't going to a server rack, 300 Lbs = break you back haha... Looks Nice.
That actually looks really nice. I'm looking forward to @Will Prowse's tear down.
I don't think the price is terrible either....
~$2240 for grade A (with test reports) 280ah cells.
~$200 for a 200A for BMS. (Seplos, JBD, JK)
That leaves ~$1600 for a case, wiring, breakers, disconnects, time.
? If UL listed isn't needed I think I'll stick with DIY..
@timselectric what's your all in cost for a 280ah pack from 18650?

Edit - my prices above include shipping. With freight figured in on the EG4 I'll definitely stick with DIY.

Ahh, put that into your cart, EG4 shipping is either busted or they are juicing it, someone said they got a quote for like 1400 or something. Hopefully they fix this otherwise this is really a $5,500.00 battery

That actually looks really nice. I'm looking forward to @Will Prowse's tear down.
I don't think the price is terrible either....
~$2240 for grade A (with test reports) 280ah cells.
~$200 for a 200A for BMS. (Seplos, JBD, JK)
That leaves ~$1600 for a case, wiring, breakers, disconnects, time.
? If UL listed isn't needed I think I'll stick with DIY..
@timselectric what's your all in cost for a 280ah pack from 18650?

Edit - my prices above include shipping. With freight figured in on the EG4 I'll definitely stick with DIY.
Your prices do not include price of warranty and support. If people didn't need so much help, these products would be a lot cheaper. But considering how many mistakes beginners make, it costs a ton of money to hire huge teams of customer support service reps. I bet eco-flows would be dirt cheap if they didn't have such a massive customer support team.

And it will be certified to be installed anywhere. CEC listing too.

How can we get another shipping quote, this is perfect for me but the shipping on the checkout is $1,467.00 I have had forklifts shipped from Texas for less than this. Heat is not an issue here only cold, do they have third party shipping to zipcode 97006. It looks better built than trophy battery.

I am currently DIY my battery with 16 304 cells and daly 200 bms, but its on a shelf.
I’ll get a look into the equation

Holy cow! Glad James is looking into that. That's not fun

Ahh, put that into your cart, EG4 shipping is either busted or they are juicing it, someone said they got a quote for like 1400 or something. Hopefully they fix this otherwise this is really a $5,500.00 battery

Shipping for me was only $275 but there is also sales tax, Seems like a great option for people wanting a pre-made battery.

Attachments

• rate.png
    rate.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 5
Your prices do not include price of warranty and support. If people didn't need so much help, these products would be a lot cheaper. But considering how many mistakes beginners make, it costs a ton of money to hire huge teams of customer support service reps. I bet eco-flows would be dirt cheap if they didn't have such a massive customer support team.

And it will be certified to be installed anywhere. CEC listing too.
Those are good and valid points.

I fully understand what it takes to find reliable competent staffing in today's world, I feel bad for SS and everyone else.

I'll still DIY because I won't / don't want to be able to rely on anyone but myself if something goes wrong or needs support.
If done right nothing should need support anyway.

diy solar

diy solar
Back