diy solar

diy solar

DIY Backup for Existing Enphase System

Can you expound when you say the opposite?
You said you wanted something autonomous (bold emphasis is mine):
I am not wanting to integrate another battery source into my existing Enphase system, but rather am wanting an autonomous means (e.g., gas generator and/or solar generator (either a portable DIY battery or perhaps a commercial product such as Bluetti or Ecoflow) to power these 8 circuits. Guess, I should have been more clear about the desire to have back up power source that's isolated/independent of my current Enphase system.

As far as Enphase goes, I think the achilles heal with their product are the certified installers/techs. Through my own experiences I find that these guys are unwilling to work on, maintain, or even add equipment to an existing system that they did not originally install themselves. If your original installer goes belly up (my case) then you are kind of SOL.

Thanks for the input!

All I was saying is that a manual transfer switch requires a person with hands to walk over and physically throw the transfer switch.
Autonomous would require no human interaction. I was probably being pedantic, but I think my point is valid.

A manual transfer switch is not autonomous. Nearly as far from it as you can get...
That might be fine for your needs, but it isn't what you asked for.

You said you wanted something autonomous (bold emphasis is mine):

All I was saying is that a manual transfer switch requires a person with hands to walk over and physically throw the transfer switch.
Autonomous would require no human interaction. I was probably being pedantic, but I think my point is valid.

A manual transfer switch is not autonomous. Nearly as far from it as you can get...
That might be fine for your needs, but it isn't what you asked for.
Yep, pendantic. I guess you stopped mid-sentence, because if you had read further you'd see the words isolated and independent which by the way for the interested lexophile the word independent is synonymous with autonomous (my pendatic contribution).

Back