diy solar

diy solar

Sub Panel Question

Bear22

Guys,

Looking for some input on sub panel configuration. I have a sub panel installed by a certified Enphase installer. Equipment-wise, what's the possibility (if any) of a sub panel that can be manually switched (and isolated) from one battery backup system to another? Currently, I have an Enphase battery , but wanted to explore the possibility of having a DIY battery system ran through the same sub panel.

Do any of the commercial manufacturers make such a sub panel with some kind of a manual switch feature between two or more power sources?

Thanks Much!
G

P.S. Assuming this isn't feasible; what about the possibility of running the DIY battery through an Enphase installed gas generator plug in?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken enphase is all microinverter type of setup. These are way different than traditional systems especially when it comes to the battery setup. Hopefully someone that knows more about it will chime in but seeing how long its been since you posted this I don't have a lot of faith that's going to happen.

I'm going to bet your going to have to stick with enphases battery setup since its a very proprietary setup compared to a regular single inverter setup.

This thread might help some:

Back