diy solar

diy solar

DIY limiter for small non limited grid tie inverter?

brandonoh777

i like his creativity!!! my question is ..is there an already premade box for something like this? I was also wondering if you could use a DC venerable resistor in place of the light bulbs? I want to limit one of the cheep non limited 1000W grid tie inverters (in a test spperate side grid non utility) to about 500-600 watts but feed it form a battery

They make that same inverter in the 500-600W range. Seems way easier. :)

Also, if you're battery isn't in the MPPT range, it will produce WAY less than rated. I have a 1000W unit that works down to 10.8V. At 14.8-15V, I'm only getting about 300W.

ya but if i get the 600W one its still running full blast all the time wont last a week prob....i want one running around half its rated output for longevity also..i can config the batt to give it whatever V range its most happy with?

I have a 1000W unit that works down to 10.8V. At 14.8-15V, I'm only getting about 300W......the PWM controller does that its lowers the voltage the inverter sees and the light bulbs vary the current the inverter sees form the bat

Based on this test of the 1000W units, fans are the bigger issue. I can tell you my 1000W unit runs the fans almost continuously pushing only 300W.

ya and he said water might have goten in been watching his channel for years...i still want a way to put a set limit on what the 1000W can put out.... theres this thing...
but i know little about it and its made who knows where lol

I'm sure the Chinese ones are made Fairly cheap I could add more heat sinks and more fans but you got to look at Price versus what you're going to use it for all I really wanted to do is run at about half of its rated capacity or so maybe 65% and around $100 that's easily doable I don't expect the thing the last for 20 years
.. right now my problem is not necessarily the quality of the inverter it's the lack of the ability to limit it to a lower output
.... I have seen people do the relay type setup which is kind of a way around the problem but there's got to be a way to actually limit the output

Back