diy solar

diy solar

DIY Off-Grid Solar Project

tinyt

Solar Enthusiast
This is part 2 of this thread post.
Here is SLD, major parts are complete DIY. I don't know if it will work and I also don't know if I have enough bonus years left to finish it.

Solar Project SLD.jpg

Here is the Controller Monitor board, assembled but not yet tested. I had missing connections for temperature measurments so J21 (Digital IO) is re-purposed to analog inputs for temperature measurements. I was lucky I picked the Arduino Mega2560 analog pins for the Digital IO.

Monitor-Controller Board.jpg.

Completed the PV Fuse Interconnect board, only 4 fuses are installed just to show silk screen markings. I changed the 4.7k resistors to 68k for lower led current when a fuse blows and left blown for a while, the lit led is still visible.

PV Fused Interconnect Board.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the PV combiner monitor. I used ACS712ELCTR-20A for sensing PV array current. There are 8 of them on a PCB that is 4 inches by 4-5/8 inches. It feeds two SCCs, each SCC is fed by 4 combined PV arrays. It outputs 8 pairs of PV voltages and currents to the monitor controller. I hope it works.:)

PV Combiner_Monitor.jpg

Update:
This was left out in post #1. It serves as a selectable ATS for most of the loads connected to the house circuit breaker. Loads connected to circuit breakers higher than 30 amperes are not routed to this ATS. I used sixteen ACS712ELCTR-30A (soldered at the bottom side of the pcb) to measure current for each load lines and with the stepped-down L1 and L2 voltages, each load line KVA can be calculated.
LOAD ATS AND MONITOR.jpg

The above board controls four of these 30A 4-Channel Relay Module which connects each load line to either the grid or the inverter.

Update:
Started working on this cabinet.

Here is one of the side panels with handle and vent holes/grill added.
Left Panel_S.jpg

Here is top panel.
Top Panel_S.jpg

Here is bottom panel showing the fans and DIY busbars. I hope the voltage drop will be tolerable.
Bottom Panel Inside View_S.jpg

Here is bottom panel again showing the vent screen and wheels.
Bottom Panel Bottom View_S.jpg

Attachments

• Top Panel_S.jpg
    Top Panel_S.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 0
Back