diy solar

diy solar

DiyBMS JLCPCB missing parts. PCBWAY differing components

gerryatric

Hi.
new to this area and have been following Stuart Pittaways Diybms system.
I have taken the Github files and then uploaded to JLCPCB. The processed quotes come ut with a bunch of missing parts everytime it is done on both the controller and the module boards.
No matter what I try, they have too many parts missing and I am not confident enough to do SMT soldering.

I went to PCBWAY and have done the same thing. this is more expensive and they can supply all parts but want to substitute a couple of components as some are not available at all.

I attached the zip file with the 2 quotes from PCBWAY. they show what they will replace the relevant missing components with.

I would like some advice on this approach.
David

Attachments

• OneDrive-2021-10-04.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
I am in the same boat. I've been there for a while. Parts in the BOM files for the boards I bought were missing, so I bought from other sources (Newark, LCSC, ...) The controller boards I have I populated (poorly, BTW) with 'close' parts, but the bottom line is that my controllers aren't functioning property. I don't have an answer to your question, but you could try the openenergymonitor.org site. There are topics such as "DIYBMS v4 Missing Components" that may be helpful.

At this point, I'm waiting for parts for the next version of the controller board ...

Back