diy solar

diy solar

Do I need another BMS after a step down converter

After all that, I have had to revert to plan A. It's not financially feasible to go the 48v route. Thank you to all who have helped me. I shall now ask some questions on a new thread regarding 12v 😓 feeling a bit pissed off. Ah well. Another day another dollar poorer!
Don’t forget to factor in that in a 12 volt inverter system that the cable costs can be much higher and inverter efficiency much lower. If you’re not in a rush save up, and look for deals and methods. The fact that you’re on this forum is an excellent start.

Don’t forget to factor in that in a 12 volt inverter system that the cable costs can be much higher and inverter efficiency much lower. If you’re not in a rush save up, and look for deals and methods. The fact that you’re on this forum is an excellent start.
Actually my wife said the same. Right now we have an unlimited AC power connection, so my MPPT's are turned off, I have a small 75ah gel battery running my 12v stuff, the inverters have had their parameters altered to suit the new chemistry and all is working ok.

So I can take my time. I suppose I can order the cells as in either case I still need 16. Then see where I am then.

Off to sleep on it.

Back