diy solar

diy solar

Do We Need a Control Group?

I guess we probably can't extrapolate on the flu or Covid-19, since they are both changing and mutating constantly. What are we even comparing what to? ...as they are both moving targets. I guess some people say 'Covid-19' is no more deadly than 'the flu', but really what is Covid and what is the flu? They are always evolving into something different as they mutate. I guess I was referring to the part in each of them that remains the same throughout time and mutation. Perhaps it's the fear that exists in both of them, I don't know, I'm not a scientist, just a common man hehe...

ex·trap·o·late
/ikˈstrapəˌlāt/

verb
extend the application of (a method or conclusion, especially one based on statistics) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.
"the results cannot be extrapolated to other patient groups"

What you are looking for is the Ro of influenza averaged and Covid. Ro is a number that correlates with the reproductive rate. Covid is thought to be around 3 but it varies depending on precautions. Delta has some estimates of an Ro of 6. Omicrons is not known but thought to be quite high. Some of our highest diseases are measles and polio. They have Ro's of around 12 or 13. Influenza has an Ro of 1.3.

The other numbers are cfr and ifr. Case fatality rate and infection fatality rate.
On average the flu in the US kills about 30,000 per year. Covid has killed 790,000 in under 2 years. Another indicator is that hospitals are always very full during flu season. We had virtually no flu last year but our hospitals were near collapse in many locations.

You are just disappointed because you thought you were going to be able make a bunch of ridiculous assertions and not be challenged.
I'm not at all disappointed as you responded and behaved exactly as I had predicted... As I told you earlier, I knew what you would do before you knew what you would do.

Your behavior is easy to predict. You can't even stick to your own statements, which means you have no credibility. $hit.. you should run for public office... Paint yourself orange and start a campaign.

Yeah, well I had been trying in the other thread to see if I could inspire some to read this article, and nobody seemed to want to read that one either...

After awhile, these discussions start to feel like when my brother and I get in arguments about religion. At some point since we realized we don't want to spend all our together-time arguing, we instead just decided to no longer talk about religion when we're together hehe... Now we tend to have a lot more fun just hanging out ?
I read that one .... and thought it was very well thought out.

Sadly .... it appears that this thread is going to turn into a recycled version of the same tired discussions from the other thread.
Congratulations to the professional disrupters for messing up another thread.

Thanks to those who were willing to consider a different take on things .... but I'm gonna request this thread be closed to further comment.
We don't need more re-hashing of the same things.

Anyone who wants to be exposed to some critical thinking backed up with facts ... please watch Kennedy's video I posted.
Translation, I wanted to be able to make unfounded claims and put forward junk science but now people are challenging me and I haven't bothered responding to them because I think I'm right because I did research and if you don't believe me well I'm not going to waste my time posting the evidence because you won't listen or read it, bla, bla, bla, circular logic, bla.

I read that one .... and thought it was very well thought out.
It was awful. Filled with garbage.

Anyway here is what top Fox news scientist Tucker Carlson said today:

"CARLSON: But the virus itself, this is true, does tend to take away the life force in some people I notice. I mean it does feminize people. No one ever says that but it's true."

So there, get your vaccine or go buy tampons. Your CHOICE.

On average the flu in the US kills about 30,000 per year. Covid has killed 790,000 in under 2 years. Another indicator is that hospitals are always very full during flu season. We had virtually no flu last year but our hospitals were near collapse in many locations.
You are only saying covid is more deadly than the flu because it is more transmissible, has a higher mortality rate, despite record vaccinations, the mask mandates, and shutdowns. If we had done all of that for the yearly flu surely millions would have died instead of 30k #logic # undeniable #blessyourheart

"CARLSON: But the virus itself, this is true, does tend to take away the life force in some people I notice. I mean it does feminize people. No one ever says that but it's true."

Source?

You are only saying covid is more deadly than the flu because it is more transmissible, has a higher mortality rate, despite record vaccinations, the mask mandates, and shutdowns. If we had done all of that for the yearly flu surely millions would have died instead of 30k #logic # undeniable #blessyourheart
Damn. I was trying to make one of my unfounded left communist claims and you destroyed me.

Well, imagine my shock when I provide a link and the person doesn't disappear or completely change the subject.

That's exactly why I had mentioned about having a 10 year study (in 10 years) comparing how deadly they both turned out to be in the long run...

Say you have 2 fields, one really super dry one, and another that is more moist. If you start a brush fire on one end in both fields to see which one reaches the other end of the property and how much area was burned, you might say after 1/2 hour, look that first field burned more grass all the way to the end, but then 4 hours later, you realized both fires burned the same amount of real estate.

Last edited:

Why would I need a vaccine, I just had Covid (just at Thanksgiving), got over it, there is no good science in me taking a vaccine at this point, my antibodies are high...

Besides, I'm gonna be part of the new control group anyways hehe...

Last edited:
That's exactly why I had mentioned about having a 10 year study (in 10 years) comparing how deadly they both turned out to be in the long run...

Say you have 2 fields, one really super dry one, and another that is more moist. If you start a brush fire on one end in both fields to see which one reaches the other end of the property and how much area was burned, you might say after 1/2 hour, look that first field burned more grass all the way to the end, but the 4 hours later, you realized both fires burned the same amount of real estate.
I got ya.

They would still know their native Ro rates though. Just like they know for measles and polio.

So yes transmissibility numbers are established for Delta but the case fatality rate hopefully will come down.

Why would I need a vaccine, I just had Covid (just at Thanksgiving), got over it, there is no good science in me taking a vaccine at this point, my antibodies are high...
You are probably good for a while. It fades just like vaccine-induced immunity.

Interestingly in the studies they released today on neutralizing antibodies for Omicron, the group that did the best is the group with natural infection followed by one dose of vaccine.

You are probably good for a while. It fades just like vaccine-induced immunity.

Interestingly in the studies they released today on neutralizing antibodies for Omicron, the group that did the best is the group with natural infection followed by one dose of vaccine.

Trust me, my cells will remember about that $hit and make more antibodies when comes the time hehe, how's that for science? You do know there is an emerging science for spirituality right?

Trust me, my cells will remember about that $hit and make more antibodies when comes the time hehe, how's that for science? You do know there is an emerging science for spirituality right?
LOL.. No there isn't.. Any science related to spirituality is probably going to be looking at the cognitive effects it has on the believers that follow that load of hogwash, very similar to the science that looks at the effects of exercise or music, or meditation.

Its not "science for spirituality".. that's just a good sounding title they use to give spirituality some level of recognition.. The real science is called "neuroscience" if its looking at the brain chemistry, or "psychology" if its looking at behavior.

There are no spirits.. that's a religious invention.

LOL.. No there isn't.. Any science related to spirituality is probably going to be looking at the cognitive effects it has on the believers that follow that load of hogwash, very similar to the science that looks at the effects of exercise or music, or meditation.

Its not "science for spirituality".. that's just a good sounding title they use to give spirituality some level of recognition.. The real science is called "neuroscience" if its looking at the brain chemistry, or "psychology" if its looking at behavior.

There are no spirits.. that's a religious invention.

Alright I guess this conversation is over with then... Enjoy your physical-only world which is only about 1% of the universe (at the point where mainstream science can no longer explain anything) ✌️

Last edited:
Alright I guess this conversation is over with then... Enjoy your physical only world which is only about 1% of the universe (at the point where mainstream science can no longer explain anything) ✌️
Actually, its about five or six percent that is stuff we can see and explain.. most of which is baryonic matter and leptons mixed in with bosons (light).. the other 95% is invisible.

Thing is, we both live in that 5% and neither of us can access the other 95%, regardless of what irrational beliefs either of us may have about it.

And just think, in the time it took you to read this, a few hundred trillion neutrinos streamed right through every inch of your body.. Do you feel any different?

Back