diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone one here install big solar in RV's?

Redhat32

I have been trying and trying to find someone to semi design and then install a large system in my class a in the southwest. I don't care about audits, etc. I want to max the roof, allow for additional plug in panels on the ground and then stuff it with 4 460 ah lifepo4 batteries. I am trying to figure out why 48v would be beneficial in my situation. Victron is the gold standard but it always looks like spaghetti. All in ones intrigue me but no one wants to touch them in an RV. I have talked to 4 nomad "installers" and they all cared more about selling me batteries than installing. I'm not paying a battery salesman $800 ea for a "I've found a great battery and I can sell it a little under battle born prices". If it's 12v then Li Time Plus, or Epoc. So... does anyone know a guy that works rv's? Much appreciated.

I don't but I want to add the advice not to create a 24v or 48v system by putting 12v lithium batteries in series. They cannot stay balanced on their own that way and anyone who says they can is wrong. It's a very common problem people are getting into.

If you go with 48v, only use complete 48v batteries for the 48v part of the system.

I don't but I want to add the advice not to create a 24v or 48v system by putting 12v lithium batteries in series. They cannot stay balanced on their own that way and anyone who says they can is wrong. It's a very common problem people are getting into.

If you go with 48v, only use complete 48v batteries for the 48v part of the system.
Or individual cells in series with a BMS

Back