diy solar

diy solar

Last Look before Starting the install

OurVentures

I am about to start the install after gathering components for my Motorhome Solar Project.
I have one main question that is likely silly, but want to confirm with the experts.
Due to conversations earlier on here with my current (oh man) Solar Charge controller (Victron 100/50 x 2) I have to run all the panels in parallel since the VOC of each panel is pretty high at 48.7v. If I was to do a 2s2p it would have a nominal VOC of 99v which would go higher and cook the SmartCharge controller when temps get colder. Due to it being parallel I want to know if I can combine the wires (positive to positive, Negative to negative) on the back right 2 panels and then run 2 wires (1 + and one - ) from the right panels to a 4 wire combiner under the panels on the left side, which would have 3 inputs, 2 from the left side and 1 from the right side and then send a lead to the Charge controller? This way I would save about 20' of cable since I would only have 1 positive lead and one negative lead crossing from the right to the left side of the motorhome in front and back.
OR do I also need to combine the right into it's own 2 combiners (2 into 1) and then combine right and left into another 2 into 1 combiner?
OR do I have to combine all 4 positive wires into one 4 into 1 combiner? This would require the most length of wire and require 4 wires to cross both the front and back to combine them.

Attachments

• Howl Solar 8 panels total V2.jpg
    Howl Solar 8 panels total V2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Howl Solar Roof Panels 4x4.jpg
    Howl Solar Roof Panels 4x4.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2
Back