diy solar

diy solar

Does the Daly BMS come with wiring harness?

Fred

I am about to order a Daly 200A 16S BMS from Aliexpress but cannot tell if the 16 battery terminal lead harness is included. Anyone know?
Thanks!

I searched on "Daly 200A 16S BMS" getting 2 initial hits. I'm perusing both, it appears you can specify your needs & they will tailor the piece.

The daly comes with the required harnesses like the others. There are no ends on the main cell harness (part that connects to cell) where you will have to add your own ring terminals , properly crimped or soldered. Will shows that in his back building videos.

Thank you!
And correction: 17 wires (1 for negative terminal)

The daly comes with the required harnesses like the others. There are no ends on the main cell harness (part that connects to cell) where you will have to add your own ring terminals , properly crimped or soldered. Will shows that in his back building videos.
Do you remember which show of Will's demonstrates this process? thanks.

I am about to order a Daly 200A 16S BMS from Aliexpress
I hope you did not buy the Daly 200A 16S BMS already..
I bought one 6 months ago and it died after 4 months just by plugging in the 16 pin connector.

There is only 1 ground B- pin (black wire). It should be longer than the other pins to make contact first but it is not. So the control board dies instantly if some other pins contacts before the ground.

Other reasons not to buy:
No indicators, leds or whatever. Just hoping it does the right job. No idea if it's active or open or dead..
No monitoring of cell voltage or current
My BMS turned off at lower than 2.45 cell voltage: too low!
No balancing: 30mA has really no effect, just a selling argument.
In case of a separate charge port = limited to only 30A or less.
Molded design, can't view electronics or quality.

No warranty: I had to send it back but I never got a return address.

Good review of a bad product. I am going with an Orion jr bms. Expensive yes but I am using for my off grid house bank so i need high quality and available tech support.

Good review of a bad product. I am going with an Orion jr bms. Expensive yes but I am using for my off grid house bank so i need high quality and available tech support.
Wise decision! :)

Hi
@Will Prowse seems to use these as his go to BMS and he has never had a failure. I feel that sometimes people’s expectations are very high for a low end product. Rather choose a product that is in line with your expectations.
Regards.

Back