diy solar

diy solar

Does the overkill BMS app work with all models of the JBD BMS?

s0larcuriosity

I know that the overkill BMS is an OEM version of the JBD BMS but does the overkill app work with all models of the JBD BMS?

I just had the same thing happen to me, the maybe older two balance connector BMS work fine but a brand new single connector for the balance leads BMS does not. I don't have model numbers to hand right at the moment.

Between DALY and JBD which BMS is better?
JBD and JK are head and shoulders above Daly.

I've found the JBD app (iOS) is nearly identical to the Overkill app (iOS) with the exception of UI color schemes and minor display differences. I use them both, whichever i find first usually.
Both are excellent. I think you might (still?) need to buy the ($6?) JBD app for full functionality.

i also never have used Daly bms; the JBD 120A 4S bms has worked reliably so far for a few builds.
the mobile phone app and ability to program the safety threshold values is appealing to me.

from reading lots of posts around the forum, i prefer JBD over DALY because there are too many reports of daly bms failing in confusing ways, which made it too difficult to trust it for LFP cells that really benefit from reliable protective disconnect. it's also possible to directly connect microcontroller like ESP or arduino to the UART BMS connection and read/write data for custom battery monitoring if that is your thing.

Back