diy solar

diy solar

Does this mean its dead?

carl2591

I got a bms delivered month or so ago and not able to check. Now when doing bench test I get this. Do not remember doing anything different on other units. 20230415_122647.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415-123842_Overkill Solar.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415-123842_Overkill Solar.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 34
So I hook it up to my other working JDS BMS and only get one blue line that shows voltage the other three just are barely showing and I get low voltage alarms so I don't know what the heck is going on.. I wiggled all the wires all the terminals are tight so I don't have a freaking clue what the problem is the battery voltage is check out great I just got them from Amy at docan power.

So I hook it up to my other working JDS BMS and only get one blue line that shows voltage the other three just are barely showing and I get low voltage alarms so I don't know what the heck is going on.. I wiggled all the wires all the terminals are tight so I don't have a freaking clue what the problem is the battery voltage is check out great I just got them from Amy at docan power.

Do you need the enable switch you mentioned in an earlier post about this BMS. I notice the top right socket on the BMS has nothing plugged.

The harness does not appear correctly installed.
Please check the wire placement against the instructions.

Hard to follow, but I guess it is wired right.
Make sure all the conductors are set against the bussbars and tourqued correctly.
Do you have a volt meter? I don’t understand why you are getting a connection to the BMS if there is no voltage.

Have you done the voltage check on the harness with a meter to verify you're getting the right voltages across each pin?

Can you open the Xiongangdingdong app and grab a screen shot of the individual cell voltages?

What does a meter say on the main positive and negative terminals of the cells? Do you get full voltage without the BMS?

The whites are hard to follow but unless one of those is backwards it does look wired correctly.

Try the xiaoxang app, I have found some JBD's don't play nicely with the Overkill app.

Edit - I hope the red, light gauge, wire going to B- is only a test setup; at least wrap the ends with the proper color tape. Sorry it's bugging me.

Try the xiaoxang app, I have found some JBD's don't play nicely with the Overkill app.

Edit - I hope the red, llater. ight gauge, wire going to B- is only a test setup; at least wrap the ends with the proper color tape. Sorry it's bugging me.

LOL.. yeah just test setup the little red wire..on the B terminal.. The cells tested at 3.28 each.. did not check on pins will have to do that next.. will try the JBD app as well to see if it will be better...

I did try the plug on my other JBD bms that is working fine and got one blue bar on cell 4 and the other 3 just a touch of blue,, so not sure.. will do more of the suggestions as well..

I did try the plug on my other JBD bms that is working fine and got one blue bar on cell 4 and the other 3 just a touch of blue,, so not sure.. will do more of the suggestions as well..
I saw the same thing when we did my nephew's battery. The insulation on the balance leads ring terminals was holding the bolts up and the bus bar wasn't making good contact on a couple cells. I trimmed the insulation back and re-snugged the bolts, rechecked my voltages on the header, and life was good.

So i tried removing and replacing wires,, checking on each pin of plug volts was good.. tried both apps and while the bluetooth work fine i get no voltage info to load.. so it a fricken another piece of chinese crap.. do to my time constraints not able to get replacement so looks like it might be overkill with 12" leads.. WHAT a pain in teh azz.. first batteries issues and now this.. QC from china is crap.. I will send the company a message to let them know its crap but dont expect a replacement as it like 90 days from arrival date.

That's suprising. JBD is one of the better brands out there, it's not like it's a Daily or something. Still doesn't hurt to contact JBD and see if you can get a warranty replacement directly from JBD. Email is free and easy.

So tried the xiaoxang app, (little elephant) and it now seem to be working??.. it look weird with nothing hooked up but the BMS so next stop of to put some wires on to BMS and put some volts to with the solar system..

Back