diy solar

diy solar

Don’t trust auto parts store battery cables

These are the Cheap Charlie ones - I got. I gives you the force but the dies are rubbish and the essence is that precision dies match quality lugs. If the tolerances are out you dont get a proper crimp. These are known for leaking pistons as well. I had to faff around with brass packing shim strips in the die. Use the full sized die first, doesnt really grip so take up the slack with strips of packing. I thought of grinding down the faces so the die jaws close tighter. I dont do enough big crimps to justify £70 for an industrial model. I end up soldering anyway as I dont trust the mechanical joint. There's serious science behind the industrial version (to Mil spec). IIRR you do a double clamp so you indent twice. The pro's will know how its done
that company does not even show on EBAY USA. wonder if they specifically market to Europe?

Do the Cousins quietly marginalise on Ebay US products that flout safety regulations? I EU (and UK worse still) we let any old electrical rubbish in that has a self certified CE marking. There is a fake CE marking that is known as "China Export" https://www.compliancegate.com/fake-ce-marking/

WE are flooded with dangerous garden floodlights with the green earth wire deliberately left unconnected to the aluminium casing - and thousands of other examples of a similar nature. No official action. Ebay dont care $$$$$

Any Cheap Charlie electrical goods are immediately suspect eg MC4s. If one seller is banned a 100 more renamed will pop up. Ebay does nothing about multiple listings for the same product from the same source (just change one letter in the title and it fools the BOT inspector.)

Do the Cousins quietly marginalise on Ebay US products that flout safety regulations? I EU (and UK worse still) we let any old electrical rubbish in that has a self certified CE marking. There is a fake CE marking that is known as "China Export" https://www.compliancegate.com/fake-ce-marking/

WE are flooded with dangerous garden floodlights with the green earth wire deliberately left unconnected to the aluminium casing - and thousands of other examples of a similar nature. No official action. Ebay dont care $$$$$

Any Cheap Charlie electrical goods are immediately suspect eg MC4s. If one seller is banned a 100 more renamed will pop up. Ebay does nothing about multiple listings for the same product from the same source (just change one letter in the title and it fools the BOT inspector.)
I don’t think EBay in the states cares either. If they did 90% of the solar products sold on it in the US would be banned.

The political and judicial will to regulate has been dropping lately. Next will be food and medical supplies. All in the name of profit.
Walmart shelves would be decimated. ToysRus give me a break (do they check for poisonous pvc additives?). Have you noticed these kiddies pvc toys break apart after a 3month summer garden use. Thats cos CC deliberately saves on plasticiser to save a few cents. Beware of those plastic stools/garden chairs Big Buddies, those are known for explosive collapse giving you potential spinal injury BTDT

Judicial role is not to regulate. Well, maybe "regulate" the other branches of government that are trying to outside their lawful bounds.

It would take congress to act is a sane, rational and coperative manner to pass a law that made sense.
Or for one of the alphabet soup agencies to do its job and regulate the stuff it is supposed to be doing without politics in the mix.

We know both of those are a fantasy - and if the first happened the folks on the far right and left would scream bloody murder that it either goes to far and costs jobs or it doesn't go far enough and doesn't prevent global warming.

And the second - they are all to busy lining their pockets or just waiting out their time until they can collect their pension.

diy solar

diy solar
Back