diy solar

diy solar

Don't want to blow myself up...help someone please. Been stuck for months!

Thanks sunshine_eggo. I will change that. TBH I don't really know what half of the things mean or how they impact others so I just thought better to ask people who know.
The inverters soft start failure seems to be down to a potential switching failure, according to the manufacturer, as usual with most things, need to find someone local to me to fix it then can look at it again and try to get it right. Maybe i need a manual or electronic changeover switch... one to think about.

David

Thanks for your response. There are so many settings in the smart BMS controller that im not 100% sure what im doing and dont want to fry anything for a second time. I managed to get a replacement board and fit it myself in the inverter, the screen worked for 3 days then no longer worked but that's another issue. After i connected it up it started charging again so i know all is ok.

Because i dont know anything about the cells themselves apart from they are out of a 2019 hyundai ioniq, i dont know what voltage range i should be setting. as i dont know that how can i set the max voltage peak to show when the battery is full and also what the minimum voltage should be before the system shuts off? Then each cell has its own max voltage and minimum range?
I'd like to understand how i can work out the capability of each of my 48v packs to know what the setups capability is as well as keeping everything at levels where the system isnt getting hammered from 100% to 10% or less every time. Spent weeks researching how to do this but seems i need something like this

Multi-Functional Constant Current Electronic 0-20A 0-200V 180W Optional Discharge Power Supply Battery Capacity Tester, USB Dual Adjustment Accuracy Electronic Load Discharge 15.6 x 13 x 9.6cm​

This i can get on amazon for £60 and apparently it can tell me how much i can rely on. But if i dont know the right info, even if I have this tool, how do i know i started with 100% full capacity? and not 30%? or 40 or 50?
Too many unknowns but need to start somewhere.

As always any advice gratefully received.

The journey continues :)

Last edited:
Back