diy solar

diy solar

Double Pole Breaker from a single leg

TeslaJerk

I am installing Emporia Vue to monitor my usage. When I went to configure the lines I noticed that the oven breaker is setup to use two single pole breakers pulling from the same leg. Why would the electrician do it this way instead of using a two pole breaker? Can the Vue accurately measure the electricity usage or should I just swap it with a 2 pole breaker?

IMG_0024.jpg

? Every breaker in your image is a 2 pole ganged breaker. One does have the black wired swapped position with the red but it is still OK.

It makes sense now. Thanks. I thought the two pole breakers were made differently but it's the position of the breaker determines which leg the breaker connects to.

I am installing Emporia Vue to monitor my usage. When I went to configure the lines I noticed that the oven breaker is setup to use two single pole breakers pulling from the same leg. Why would the electrician do it this way instead of using a two pole breaker? Can the Vue accurately measure the electricity usage or should I just swap it with a 2 pole breaker?

View attachment 226130
Your oven is on a double 20A?

View attachment 226130
Ovens I have seen here in the US are rated at 240 VAC. And most panel breaker arrangement alternate between the split phases L1 (120vac) and L2 (120vac). So the sensor at only one phase is ok, I think.

diy solar

diy solar
Back