diy solar

diy solar

easies way to add inverter communication to 4-12v dumb LifePo4 in series 48v with a smart shunt or any other ideas?

dlessard37

My sister had a small solar setup with a small 12v 200w inverter and 2- 12v 230AH Li-Time batteries in parallel. I got myself a 6000xp and server rack batteries and then she wanted to upgrade her system. She got a 6000xp and 2 more 12v 230AH Li-Time batteries so we could hook them in series to get the 48v. Problem is as you probably know is getting an accurate SOC to the inverter. I considered opening up all the batteries and adding a new BMS and just making one large pack. But, she is concerned about voiding her warranty. I was trying to figure out if there is an easy way to add a smart shunt and have that report the SOC to the inverter via CAN or RS485 and maybe just add a balancer to the batteries to keep them equalized. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I have it set on voltage, but it is nice to be able to see an accurate SOC and to be able to set things by it rather than voltage. I have the server rack batteries on mine and it works much better than hers. The small voltage curve is hard to get everything right.

Back