diy solar

diy solar

Eco worthy

Jacey1000

Hi,
I'm wanting to put together a combined solar and wind system. I've come across the 800w combined system on eco worthy site.
Does anyone have any experience with eco worthy or can offer an alternative supplier/system (in based in thy UK btw)

We recently got our Ecoflow Max 2000. 800w MPPT input, but we've had 2400w ran into it for about 3weeks & the Eco caps off at 800w input. So we're wasting some during the day, but in Ohio in Feb we're pulling 800w by 8:30am!!!! Also nice, it can produce about 200w in the rain, and the time it spit snow it was still giving about 200w.
As for wind, DO RESEARCH on here!!! They are all crap till you hit $3k and up, but then will they every pay off? We have a water windmill that we just connected a treadmill motor to & so far the idea works out but I have to install a bridge rectifier for when the rotor turns backwards, and then a variable booster to make the 4-30v alway be 32v.

Not quite sure what you're looking at doing, but maybe this info helps some. More details of this project can be found by searching my handle.
Peace

Eco-Worthy are the bottom tier of equipment. They're cheap and decent for a disposable learner system but I wouldn't want to use their stuff for anything you need to be reliable or efficient.

As for wind, don't waste your time unless you can plan to go BIG! Small turbines just don't produce enough to justify the cost, hassle, maintenance, and noise.

Eco-Worthy are the bottom tier of equipment. They're cheap and decent for a disposable learner system but I wouldn't want to use their stuff for anything you need to be reliable or efficient.
I began with an Eco Worthy kit and fully agree with the "decent learner system"
It got me started with a reasonable entry price and combined with this forum I learned a lot
As my budget allowed I upgraded

As far as "disposable"
The original PWM SCC was first to go - replaced with a Victron Smart Solar 100/50 SCC
The original pair of 12v, 100ah Gel Batteries were next - replaced with (4) DIY 24v, 200ah LiFePo4
I've added other misc. items

The Eco Worthy 195w solar panels are rock solid and preform as well as my Rich 200w expanded the array from 1000w to 2000w)
My Eco Worthy 24v, 3500w inverter has been running constant for 4 years without a problem
I'll upgrade the inverter later than sooner - I do like the Blue, the Victron stuff is almost fool proof

Back