diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta 1 and EcoFlow Delta 2 together

Shiny

I bought a Delta 1 a few months before the Delta 2 was released. After some testing I felt I needed more battery capacity and liked the features and extra cycles of the v2, so bought the Delta 2 in addition. My thoughts are that I can connect them together and also have a failover (rather than a separate battery). Primary and Secondary.

It's for a van build so here is my setup:

Delta 1 (A)
Delta 2 (B)

Inputs
400W solar during the day
12V car charger at night (to top-up if required)
(240V mains at campsite)

Outputs
240V or 12V fridge
240V induction hobs (800W)
12V and USB devices

What would be the best way to connect all together?

Question 1
I would like to make use of the Delta app (for battery percentage), so should the Delta1 (A) charge the Delta2 (B) or other way around? i.e. 240V out from A is connected to 240V in of B. My question is related to charge cycles. B having more than A.

Question 2
I assume that if A is charging B. It means that external power (main 240V / solar / 12V) should charge A, which in turn charges B. Because the AC takes priority over solar/12V I think this is the only way it can work. Since B is always taking charge from A via AC (it would never use other sources if they were available via xt60 socket)

Question 3
Connecting devices. Connect all outputs to one Delta (Primary) or split between Primary and Secondary. Does it make a difference to everything?

Thanks,

Back