diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro x 2 in “Extra Battery” configuration

1ram

I have 2 EcoFlow Delta Pro’s, I want to use them in a 120V 30A configuration, can 1 of the Delta Pro’s be in “Extra Battery” mode to increase the size of the battery bank when not being used as 240V split-phase? Has anyone tried this and if so would it be as easy as using the “Extra Battery” cable to the back of one Delta Pro from the double voltage output of the other?

Last edited:
I have 2 EcoFlow Delta Pro’s, I want to use them in a 120V 30A configuration, can 1 of the Delta Pro’s be in “Extra Battery” mode to increase the size of the battery bank when not being used as 240V split-phase? Has anyone tried this and if so would it be as easy as using the “Extra Battery” cable to the back of one Delta Pro from the double voltage output of the other?
EcoFlow Customer support got back to me, Delta Pro's can not be connected together and used in this configuration

Last edited:
EcoFlow Customer support got back to me, Delta Pro's can not be connected together and used in this configuration
Now I got another response saying it is possible. For those who might be interested:

Thank you for contacting EcoFlow support.
Here is the series mode user guide for Daisy chaining two Delta Pro together (Recommended for power users; all machines must be fully charged).
Users can connect two fully-charged EF DELTA Pros in series using the AC charging cable to get continuous power and supply appliances.
In this mode, do not connect EF DELTA Pro to the power grid using an AC charging cable, or the overcurrent protection may be triggered.
Connect EF DELTA Pro to a home power grid and charge each EF DELTA Pro separately.
It is not recommended to charge more than two machines simultaneously. Otherwise, the excessive load may cause damage to the home power grid.
To use this function, you need to first set any of the machines as the master and the others as Slave 1 and Slave 2.
Connect one end of the AC cable to the AC output port of the master unit and the other end to the input port of Slave 1.
Then, connect one end of the AC cable to the AC output port of Slave 1 and the other end to the input port of Slave 2.
After connecting the machines, turn all the AC switches on to activate the multi-machine series mode.
Finally, connect all the appliances to the AC sockets of Slave 2 and then you can charge your devices using EF DELTA Pro and enjoy the benefits of extended powering time.
1686096477146.png

So basically you are charging the slave by using the 120v AC from the other unit. (Or actually the Slave would work in pass-thru mode until the master unit is dead) Yes this would work. But our Delta Pros have a power loss of about 15-20% and I am sure there is a loss while converting this AC power back into 48v DC to charge the Slave units battery. So it may be better to unplug your air conditioner from the low battery unit and to plug it into the fully charged unit, if you are around to do so.

Back