diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow setup with mismatched solar

Ellogar

Hi,

I charge a Ecoflow delta max (2kwh battery Solar Charger 11-100V 10A, 800W max) with a Bluetti PV350 (37.5V 9.2A) portable solar panel and I would like to add a portable Ecoflow 400w monocrystalline (41V, 9.8A) in series. From what I understand this will cause a reduction of the Ecoflow 400w panels Amps to 9.2 making it only able to produce 380w, besides the loss in wattage is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

Also, The cable on the MC4 output controller attached to the Bluetti PV 350 uses a 12awg cable. Would I need to make that a 10awg cable inorder to work in series with the additional 400w panel?

Sorry no one ever replied to you, I am also new here & most here seem to be top professionals. This is great yet odd being a DIY forum. Most of the replies regard code this & code that, which at first I felt kinda overkill, then after learning more I've come to really respect such advice.

Anyhow...
The Ecodelta max & your suggested array are fine combined on 12awg wire. If shading I would add some inline Reversing Diodes to your two strings. I am running a Max on 2400w of panels, or 300% operpanel. 24 100w 12v panels, having 6 4-panel strings. The great thing is I start charging in the rain, and from sunrise to sunset. So keeping in mind I am kinda a lab-rat doing this, yet many other have operpanelled 150% (1200w). I used HQST panels off Amazon & LoVe them, and you can buy....

OMG!!! Amazon has your Eco 400w kit for $1200!!!!!!!

Geez!! You could buy a combiner box & 12 100w panels for as much as that kit!
(And you could add another 3 strings to that box in the future)

PV Combiner Box:
HQST Panels

I also overpanel by 560w to my EFDP. 12 panels at 180w each equaling 2,160w. And I know the panels may not produce rated power. Although some have told me not to overpanel. The advantages of overpaneling are great. Charging in rain, overcast conditions, mostly cloudy, etc…
My panels lay flat and are not secured or bolted down for use of removal before a hurricane hits.
So many people think the sun has to shine directly on the panels to generate watts. So untrue. Here in Florida I start producing watts at 7am and stop about 6:30pm.
Loving my setup.

Also the volts never exceed 92 of the max 150v EcoFlow rates. Even in the winter. I check the volts coming in about every week. So overpaneling is very good for making more power. 12 panels at 3 strings with 4 panels each string.

diy solar

diy solar
Back