diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow

Kevink11693

I just recently bought a EcoFlow delta and keeps blowing my 12v cigarette outlet fuse on my vehicle any suggestions how to fix this issue?

keeps blowing my 12v cigarette outlet fuse on my vehicle
Get a vehicle with higher amp rated cigarette outlets?

Seriously, you should have checked the max amp capabilities of your car's cigarette lighter outlets. Some are around 1 or 2 amps, some have up to 10 or 15 amps.

How many amps were you trying to draw with your EcoFlow?

My truck has a 20amp fuse I plug it to the cigarette port It will run but but gets to 100 watts input and blows the fuse I was digging maybe a

BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter as a workaround​

My truck has a 20amp fuse I plug it to the cigarette port It will run but but gets to 100 watts input and blows the fuse I was digging maybe a

BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter as a workaround​

Do you have any way to verify the current draw?
To blow 20A fuse with 100W (that is only about 8.5A at 12V) load something is not right. Are you sure it has 20A fuse for the cigarette port?
300W inverter at full 300W AC load will draw about 28A @12V.

It has a 20a fuse says 20a in the fuse box diagram etched in the box it’s a 2005 Dodge Ram I don’t have the manual and I looked online can’t the specs on the socket itself

Kevin - I am having a different type issue with My EcoFlow Delta and the cigarette lighter socket (car charger), maybe you can help. The Delta manual says it has a limit of 10A input from a car charger (in the specs it says 8A, in the manual and the customer service rep say 10A) and when I try to charge it using the car charger I get an error message and it will not accept any charge at all. I don't know what Amps my cigarette lighter ports, one on the starter battery and one on the house battery) put out but average is 10A-15A, right? If you have a heavier duty socket (can you tell me where you got it?) and you are trying to provide more Amps, does this mean my issue isn't that I have too many Amps but maybe not enough? The Customer Service sucks, all she said was go to Amazon and get a regulator. That's not very clear.

Last edited:
What does your “charger” look like?
Is it by chance jus a power cord that plugs into a lighter socket?
Or, is there a chance you blew the fuse by pulling too much current?
I'm using the cable that came with the Delta that has the lighter socket plug. I was just thinking to see if that cable's fuse (if there is one) blew. I've also tried a mini-inverter (smaller than the one HoboTech recommended in a YT video on the topic) and it drew nothing. I'll go check right now.

I'm using the cable that came with the Delta that has the lighter socket plug. I was just thinking to see if that cable's fuse (if there is one) blew. I've also tried a mini-inverter (smaller than the one HoboTech recommended in a YT video on the topic) and it drew nothing. I'll go check right now.
Yea I tried that also it didn’t work

20211010_150607.jpg
I don't even know how to look for a fuse on the cable..unscrew at the plug tip? The cig lighter still works to charge phone.

You need to loosen the knurled nut on the tip of the cig. plug to get to the fuse, just do it carefully due to small spring, etc, as such will fly off.

While we're talking...here's my van with the added solar panels (400 watt) with 2 that slide out from under while parked. Unless I forget to pull them in. ?

Attachments

• 20210829_181746.jpg
    20210829_181746.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 14
I just plugged in the solar panel to see if I damaged the input for that port (xt60 65v 10A max). pulling 62 watts right now.

Attachments

• 20211010_153242.jpg
    20211010_153242.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
Yea I tried that also it didn’t work
Such a ridiculous design. What I do is charge the Delta through my camper house AGM batteries early in the day, using the inverter I plug into 110, and charge it for an hour or so, then my solar setup or my alternator charges the AGM. I use the Delta exclusively for 110 power needs (fridge, cpap, laptop) which means I can turn off the inverter most of the time and keep AGMs as supplemental power. (thanks for listening).

Last edited:
Back