diy solar

diy solar

EEL Experience

8 days later and my other BMS that "got lost" FORGOT has still not shipped.
Turns out I did pay via Paypal so I have opened a dispute with them.

I was going to get another 2 boxes as well to replace my plywood messes but unlikely to be from EEL now.
Might as well play the ali-ripoff games.

Last edited:
8 days later and my other BMS that "got lost" FORGOT has still not shipped.
Turns out I did pay via Paypal so I have opened a dispute with them.

I was going to get another 2 boxes as well to replace my plywood messes but unlikely to be from EEL now.
Might as well play the ali-ripoff games.

What the hell I just ordered a V3 box 2 days ago and I used your build thread as part of my decision making process!

What the hell I just ordered a V3 box 2 days ago and I used your build thread as part of my decision making process!
Fingers crossed.
Looks like all the V2 boxes are gone. Can't even find them on ali-rippoff.
I hope the V3 is the same size minus the rounded corners.

And another EEL fail.
Their parallel kit contains "bus bars" that are 1cm too short.

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_133732488_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231005_133732488_HDR.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20231005_133716568.jpg
    IMG_20231005_133716568.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 26
And another EEL fail.
Their parallel kit contains "bus bars" that are 1cm too short.
From the picture, it looks like that busbar has inadequate width/ thickness to handle potential parallel current.

From the picture, it looks like that busbar has inadequate width/ thickness to handle potential parallel current.
They are made out of the same material as the cell bars, thin multi-layer copper strips and they are quite beefy so I don't have that concern. They're just too !ucking short.

Off grid garage has just released a review of the vertical DIY battery kit. He is not too jazzed with the instructions LOL

Off grid garage has just released a review of the vertical DIY battery kit. He is not too jazzed with the instructions LOL

That vertical malarkey needs to be completely redesigned, they are squashing the hell out of the cell on the bottom. It needs separator shelves.

That vertical malarkey needs to be completely redesigned, they are squashing the hell out of the cell on the bottom. It needs separator shelves.
I don’t think weight of 7 cells (~70lbs) gonna affect the bottom cell too much. That’s not enough pressure

Alkaline,​

Sadly, I did not see this post prior to ordering from them, then after I saw this and a few others I demanded a refund through Howard, same day, Already notified Paypal. I have not heard back form EEL yet. Curious, did the cells measure up to capacity ? Were they swollen ? Forgive if you answered this already.

EEL just got back to me this morning with shipping info, it looks dubious but we will see.
  • Expected Delivery Date 2023-10-22
  • Origin ZIP 11434 (forwarder from JFK)
  • Reference 1 UH8306xxxxxYP
  • Reference 2 940_JFK
  • Dimensions 2" x 2" x 2" BMS ? ?
  • Weight 2 lbs

EEL just got back to me this morning with shipping info, it looks dubious but we will see.
  • Reference 2 940_JFK
  • Weight 2 lbs
That’s a great form factor for BMS!!

• Reference 2 940_JFK
  • Weight 2 lbs
My dual BMS box was roughly 4x4x10

Weird

How did it go?

At this point I'm just going to hope and pray and let the order go through I really can't deal with issues so fingers crossed. $800.00 is a lot for just a case and bms... But it was that or do some ghetto plywood thing and I don't want to mess with...

I've noticed recently on several types of orders from China that the tracking number will show nothing, other than perhaps the order was picked up by the shippiung company, for a long time. Then *poof* either it shows up at my front door, or I get a notification from FedEx or another delivery company that I will be delivered tomorrow. It seems like they are bundling orders into a larger shipment, which is not tied to the individual orders, so the tracking info is not updated. I saw this with my last EEL box and with several AliExpress orders.

My BMS they forgot is in this country now.
Looks like the "longer" parallel kit is on the way too, processed but no tracking info yet.

2023-10-14 15:50
DAYTON,NJ 08810 US, Destination Country - Arrival
2023-10-11 19:45
Port of destination - Arrival
2023-10-11 13:45
Port of departure - Departure
2023-10-09 20:13
Yanwen facility - Outbound
2023-10-08 08:13
Last mile=> LaserShip, Tracking number 1LSCZM3xxxxxx
2023-10-08 08:12
Processing information input