diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18K PV interface to Home Assistant

EG4 should be more supportive of Home Assistant because its in line with how DIY friendly the company is in general. I don't think it would require them to do much more than is already done to be compatible with Solar Assistant. Its a shame that the entirety of Solar Assistant isn't truly open source.

This is supposed to work and people have gotten it working but I've had trouble fully setting it up myself. It is open source.

Maybe it isn't an EG4 specific issue but a luxpower issue. I dont know. I think i have seen some EG4 reps commenting here and they could probably clarify. really like what I see with their equipment
This is supposed to work and people have gotten it working but I've had trouble fully setting it up myself. It is open source.

Maybe it isn't an EG4 specific issue but a luxpower issue. I dont know. I think i have seen some EG4 reps commenting here and they could probably clarify. really like what I see with their equipment
That repo will fully support the connecting the EG4 18kPV. There is even at least one person on their commenting they have it working. It just isn't as simple as a plug and play solution. The EG4 18kPV is a manufactured by LuxPower so it is a LuxPower device.

I have it all connected and it works great. I disconnected the eg4 public cloud IP so I don't bombard their servers, but there's multiple integrations out there, look for the luxpower stuff and you'll find a few, including a guy named Guy who paid a developer to build a pretty robust plugin

I am seriously considering EG4 equipment for my system and i am glad that it can integrate with home assistant because I will be doing a bit with home assistant later on.

diy solar

diy solar
Back