diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv settings for self-usage

arunj

I have EG4 18kpv + EG4 wall mount battery. I have the "Whole home backup with supply side tap" design.
How do I achieve, the 11.1.1 Self-Usage Mode mentioned in the manual?
Right now mine looks like below, it doesn't show me anything when it pulls from the grid. Do I have the CT wires installed incorrectly?
When the HVAC kicks the whole house flickers and it pulls everything from the grid, as opposed to only pulling the difference from the grid, is that normal behavior? HVAC has a soft start installed and pulls 35amps for starting, I think 50 amps limitation is for continuous, what is the surge limitation for 18kpv?

1709139174179.png
I submitted the signature solar commissioning form twice and the customer service form once in the past month, haven't heard anything back. Hoping the community can answer some of the questions I have :)

Is your firmware up to date, 1717 in the app.
Make sure you are reading the latest manual from the eg4 website, the paper one is now very out of date especially with newer firmware features.
The direction of the arrow on the CT's does not really matter because you can change it in the settings too, but my OCD likes to have them the right way around.

Is your firmware up to date, 1717 in the app.
Make sure you are reading the latest manual from the eg4 website, the paper one is now very out of date especially with newer firmware features.
The direction of the arrow on the CT's does not really matter because you can change it in the settings too, but my OCD likes to have them the right way around.
Firmware fAAB-1717
Downloaded PDF manual from website, while it describes what each mode does, I don't see where it says which buttons to toggle to achieve those modes or did I overlook it?

I’ve had that happen, and mine was because of force discharge. I had to turn force discharge off at the app and online. Then bumped it like Fonzie did the jukebox.

Last edited:
I’ve that happen, and mine was because of force charge. I had to turn force charge off at the app and online. Then bumped it like Fonzie did the jukebox.
Force charge? I don't see where to change it, I only see forced discharge. Attached is a pdf of my settings, can you help me find the setting you are talking about?

Attachments

• Remote_Set_3162670128.pdf
    873.2 KB · Views: 10
Yeah, it’s force discharge, sorry working and texting at the same time.

I had to Enable Force Discharge than Disable it. Sometimes it can be fickle like setting the time.

Also, you could try putting zero in the Force Discharge time 1, Enable then Disable.

I have EG4 18kpv + EG4 wall mount battery. I have the "Whole home backup with supply side tap" design.
How do I achieve, the 11.1.1 Self-Usage Mode mentioned in the manual?
Right now mine looks like below, it doesn't show me anything when it pulls from the grid. Do I have the CT wires installed incorrectly?
When the HVAC kicks the whole house flickers and it pulls everything from the grid, as opposed to only pulling the difference from the grid, is that normal behavior? HVAC has a soft start installed and pulls 35amps for starting, I think 50 amps limitation is for continuous, what is the surge limitation for 18kpv?

View attachment 198992
I submitted the signature solar commissioning form twice and the customer service form once in the past month, haven't heard anything back. Hoping the community can answer some of the questions I have :)
Hi @arunj - I'm so sorry you haven't received a response! If you'd like to send me a DM with your email address, I can have a look into the delay and get you an update!

Also, you could try putting zero in the Force Discharge time 1, Enable then Disable.
I will try your suggestion hopefully tomorrow and report back on how it went, it has been very cloudy and rainy with the battery almost running out. Also after I posted, I got pushed the new firmware fAAB 1818, and one of the change items is; "improvement - Surge protection supports EPS output by 1.35 times rated power for 1 minute". Perhaps that will take care of the flickering when HVAC kicks in forcing it to draw from the grid temporarily.

Back