diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Smart load/GEN output for critical load panel 2

drps10

Long story short, I was going to go with Victron because of the 2 A/C outputs, but can no longer do this.

EG4 18k PV with EG4 indoor wallmount battery is the next option. Phase 1- UPS for critical load panel and 2 panels if possible. Phase 2- add PV

-My wants/wishes/desires of the Smart Load feature: Passthrough power trough GEN output (no amp restrictions) to a secondary panel 24/7, when the grid fails, allow panel 2 to draw from batter to desired SOC of the battery and then shut down to allow Panel 1 to continue to draw. Would like to have whole house mini splits on panel 2 and maybe a 120v draw also. Breaker for Mini splits is 45 amps. The biggest draw seen for a week of 0*F was 30amp. Have Load panel 1 main breaker at 30amp. I know the 2 combined will exceed inverter max output on battery, but I understand the consequence. Is this possible?

--what is the total output amps allowable trough GEN lug?

Assuming the 18kpv is like the Sol-Ark, you put Panel 2 on the Gen Port (smart load). There is a setting on the Sol-Ark to shut off the Smart Load when SOC is below x%.

Back