diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3000EHV Neutral Bond Grounding

Can anyone confirm which position on the board is the correct N-G bond screw, is it the first two images with the screw or the second image without a screw metal exposed on the board? I believe it is the position with the screw by the blue component?
neutralgroundscrew.jpg
ngs2.jpg

missingscrew.jpg

Based on pictures/videos I've seen elsewhere that vacant screw MIGHT be the right one. Check for continuity between the exposed metal around the screw hole and output N with the inverter off, disconnected, and caps drained, and be real careful about what you touch with the probe incase there still a charged cap in there.

Based on pictures/videos I've seen elsewhere that vacant screw MIGHT be the right one. Check for continuity between the exposed metal around the screw hole and output N with the inverter off, disconnected, and caps drained, and be real careful about what you touch with the probe incase there still a charged cap in there.
SS is by far the worst at this. I had the same issues. Incorrect documentation. Dangerous. Support team that tells you 3 different answers depending on who you talk to. I returned my EG4 3000 EHV last year when I could not understand why things were happening. It was so frustrating because SS not only couldn't help, they tell you wrong and dangerous information.

I'm getting delivery of the same inverter because I thought they fixed the issues and put out new videos. But, the same issues still exist. No documentation describing how it works, they tell you that you can't remove the NG bond screw or it voids the warranty. So you can't set it up to power your home when the grid is down.

An off grid inverter that you can't connect to your home when your home is off grid. It's insane!

SS is by far the worst at this. I had the same issues. Incorrect documentation. Dangerous. Support team that tells you 3 different answers depending on who you talk to. I returned my EG4 3000 EHV last year when I could not understand why things were happening. It was so frustrating because SS not only couldn't help, they tell you wrong and dangerous information.

I'm getting delivery of the same inverter because I thought they fixed the issues and put out new videos. But, the same issues still exist. No documentation describing how it works, they tell you that you can't remove the NG bond screw or it voids the warranty. So you can't set it up to power your home when the grid is down.

An off grid inverter that you can't connect to your home when your home is off grid. It's insane!

Someone in another thread says removing it doesn't void warranty.

Also, in the USA warranty void stickers are largely not legally enforceable. I am not a lawyer, etc

Back