diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000 Solar Inverter monitoring software

SolarScott

Solar Enthusiast
Has anyone used the cd rom Solar Power monitoring software that comes with the EG4 6000 inverters? I don't know what it does and can't get it to unzip on my windows 10 desktop. Is it worth the trouble to get it working? I usually just check my inverters display daily to see what is going on. What say ye?

Has anyone used the cd rom Solar Power monitoring software that comes with the EG4 6000 inverters? I don't know what it does and can't get it to unzip on my windows 10 desktop. Is it worth the trouble to get it working? I usually just check my inverters display daily to see what is going on. What say ye?
I am curious about this too. How best to get Wi-Fi status from an EG4 system, ideally using built in functionality?

I will try to unzip on my Windows 7 and let you know if any luck.

I am curious about this too. How best to get Wi-Fi status from an EG4 system, ideally using built in functionality?

I will try to unzip on my Windows 7 and let you know if any luck.
JCSchwarb....how have your six EG4 6000's been working? I had to up from two to three so as not to be so careful of what I was running at the same time. Trying to use as much PV input during the day so I can see those KW's increase ......on a low use day I don't make as much and that hurts my feelers......

JCSchwarb....how have your six EG4 6000's been working? I had to up from two to three so as not to be so careful of what I was running at the same time. Trying to use as much PV input during the day so I can see those KW's increase ......on a low use day I don't make as much and that hurts my feelers......
Having grounding anomalies. I have to reconfigure them, big job…

I have tried to connect the 6000ex I have to a MacBook Pro running high sierra…… no luck, some of the files are windows only , no way for the OS to read them. Today I tried a dell 5566 laptop……. So far no luck . I cannot connect to SMS or email solar power app. Has limited interaction with the dell, but does not seem to be connected to the eg4 in any way. I’m not even sure if I’m using the correct cables. The manual is woefully inadequate. Signature has been completely unhelpful, took almost two weeks to get a response on the 61 code fault…….. that was half a dozen questions/ problems ago. I am getting my questions answered from this forum, found out about the battery to inverter cable and battery settings on the inverter from you guys, hopefully I will get some direction/answers/ suggestions on this issue too. Before I sign off has any one had any success using this inverter to charge an EV ?………… I know that’s a whole other can of worms. Thank you for your help

I've got the 6000ex inverter and have considered using the SolarPower software, primarily as a test. The disk has multiple versions of the software for Mac, Windows and linux. Just trying to think of what system I have to use for a test. The cable you need is most likely the combo USB to serial adapter cable plus the serial cable that comes with the inverter. That combination is working for me using SolarAssistant on a Rasbperry Pi.

Before I sign off has any one had any success using this inverter to charge an EV ?………… I know that’s a whole other can of worms. Thank you for your help
I’ve used a level 1 charger on my 6000ex without any issues.

I've got the 6000ex inverter and have considered using the SolarPower software, primarily as a test. The disk has multiple versions of the software for Mac, Windows and linux. Just trying to think of what system I have to use for a test. The cable you need is most likely the combo USB to serial adapter cable plus the serial cable that comes with the inverter. That combination is working for me using SolarAssistant on a Rasbperry Pi.
Thank you, I have tried the combination cables on the Mac without success. The version I tried was for the older OS, several files in there were windows only…….message flashed OS could not read them. Will try the Dell with windows 10 and the cable combo….. again thanks

Back