diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6000ex battery capacity in Solar Assistant

lboucher26

All

So i have been using my EG4 6000EX with two non LCD Lifepower 4 Batteries in USER mode, and probably will continue to.
But wanted to do some experimentation in EG4 mode. (For whatever its worth).
I know the battery master must be 0000.
I have read posts about some dip switches being installed upside down.
Also from what i understand the inverter itself uses address 1000 (or only the 1 dip switch up)
So i set my second batter to 0100 (aka 2 up)

I have also confirmed via BMS test that both batteries have the address i expect. I can connect and see values updating.

My question is, that no matter what i do. Solar Assistant only shows the battery capacity as 5 kwh.
I unplug the 2nd battery... And the system doesn't beep or anything...

Am i setting the dip switches right?
Is there any way to tell if the inverter is actually seeing the 2nd battery....
Has anyone ever gotta EG4 mode to work with more than 1 battery and see all of them in Solar Assitant?

I know my jumper cable is working between the batteries, because if i connect from Solar Assistant directly to the batteries using the USB to RS485, it can see both...

I'm probably just going to stop and go back to USER mode... But i have to assume this can work... And i am doing something wrong...
1690249149049.png
1690248946825.png

Solar Assistant will not show individual battery information when using EG4 mode and invert values.

To change battery capacity, you need to:
1) click disconnect under inverter/battery settings
2) click advanced
3) manually input your total battery capacity (which should be 10.2 kWh for two batteries)

Solar Assistant will not show individual battery information when using EG4 mode and invert values.

To change battery capacity, you need to:
1) click disconnect under inverter/battery settings
2) click advanced
3) manually input your total battery capacity (which should be 10.2 kWh for two batteries)

Hi sorry. Can you further explain. Do I need a another cable to my main battery from PI in addition to a cable from Inverter to PI?

So two connections on the PI to get the individual battery reading. Or can I get both battery information from the Pi to Inverter connection just using User Values

Hi sorry. Can you further explain. Do I need a another cable to my main battery from PI in addition to a cable from Inverter to PI?

So two connections on the PI to get the individual battery reading. Or can I get both battery information from the Pi to Inverter connection just using User Values
You cannot have communication between battery and inverter and monitor all batteries at the same time.
If you are using this configuration then the address 01 battery will not be visible on Solar Assistant..

You cannot have communication between battery and inverter and monitor all batteries at the same time.
If you are using this configuration then the address 01 battery will not be visible on Solar Assistant..
I connected
Pi to Inverter
Pi to battery 1.
Battery 1 to Battery 2.

I get both battery informations and inverter settings as well.

Thanks

I connected
Pi to Inverter
Pi to battery 1.
Battery 1 to Battery 2.

I get both battery informations and inverter settings as well.

Thanks

If you’re seeing both batteries on Solar Assistant, then your batteries are definitely not communicating with the inverter.

It’s one or the other, and not both.

I have the same question...

I have 4 Ruixu units that are in communication with a Voltronic (Maple Leaf 6500) and the Solar Assistant gets the battery info from the "Inverter Values"..

Is it normal that the Solar Assistant only reads 5kW even if I have 20kW in the stack? Is the Master pack not able to tell the inverter the total usable capacity of the stack? I swear I have seen larger numbers on Solar Assistant other places..

I have the same question...

I have 4 Ruixu units that are in communication with a Voltronic (Maple Leaf 6500) and the Solar Assistant gets the battery info from the "Inverter Values"..

Is it normal that the Solar Assistant only reads 5kW even if I have 20kW in the stack? Is the Master pack not able to tell the inverter the total usable capacity of the stack? I swear I have seen larger numbers on Solar Assistant other places..

Go into Solar Assistant Setup

Scroll down to “Battery”
(Click Disconnect)

Click “Advanced”

Scroll down and Input your value for “Capacity kWh”

Save and then Reconnect on previous screen

Last edited:
Back