diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP - Problem with Time Syncing with CHINA Time

DIYPV

Electric Potential
Has anyone experienced random time changes with their 6000XP? I’ve had to roll back to “hours” numerous times in the last few days since installing the inverter.

The “hours” will advance to around 16 hours ahead of my time which seems to be the consistent with China time. Could it be the dongle is synchronizing with servers overseas? I purposely didn’t register my dongle since I didn’t want to have any outside remote access. I only connected my dongle WiFi for local access.

Definitely not good for security if the inverter setting can be changed and synchronized remotely without my authorization.

Can you help with this @EG4_Jarrett ?

Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China is GMT+8.

EST is GMT-5
CST is GMT-6
MST is GMT-7
PST is GMT-8

If you're in PST, sounds like it's resetting to CHINA TIME!!!!

Yes that what I was thinking. Never a good thing..

Has anyone experienced random time changes with their 6000XP? I’ve had to roll back to “hours” numerous times in the last few days since installing the inverter.

The “hours” will advance to around 16 hours ahead of my time which seems to be the consistent with China time. Could it be the dongle is synchronizing with servers overseas? I purposely didn’t register my dongle since I didn’t want to have any outside remote access. I only connected my dongle WiFi for local access.

Definitely not good for security if the inverter setting can be changed and synchronized remotely without my authorization.

Can you help with this @EG4_Jarrett ?
The House? Are you referring to digital clocks in your house?

Or the inverter time?

The inverter time changed again today around 15:35 and advanced to the next day with a time of 7:35 . Sure seems like it’s syncing with China time.

My dongle is connected to the internet, but not registered. @EG4_Jarrett any resolution to this?

As expected, the inverter time synced again to China time. This is interrupting the functionality of my inverter since I’ve set specific functions based on TOU.

Furthermore, changing time without my authorization can potentially be a backdoor to other unauthorized changes to setting on my inverter.

Can anyone help? @EG4-Jacob @EG4_Ty

I wonder if it figures out which server it is going to connect to USA or China when you actually register it, maybe you can try that as a test if you don't mind registering.

As expected, the inverter time synced again to China time. This is interrupting the functionality of my inverter since I’ve set specific functions based on TOU.

Furthermore, changing time without my authorization can potentially be a backdoor to other unauthorized changes to setting on my inverter.

Did you up date the time zone in all three locations?

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum, and solar as well. I'm having the same problem with my 6000XP. I'm in PST and the inverter clock keeps reverting -8 hours seemingly every day. I gave up trying to correct it. I have the app on my phone and connecting locally through Bluetooth. I don't see an option anywhere for timezone, because that's what seems like is logically happening, however I don't see a reason for it to CHANGE by itself. I'm hoping that I don't have to register with the monitoring software just to change this, as I prefer to keep the inverter local, and do my logging locally on my own network. The video above doesn't seem to match mine either, the top left is totally blank.

I also have another problem, and will likely start another thread - I have been scouring the forum and haven't been able to find anyone with some insight. Does the inverter time have anything to do with the MPPT algorithm? I only bring it up on this thread because there feels like there could be some correlation. I'm trying to rule out the issue I'm having where in the morning the inverter will not gradually start producing power from the array, but "POP" on and all of a sudden be at 1000W. This hasn't always happened, but is happening for at least a week straight. I would find it hard to believe that the inverter thinks it's night time so it doesn't bother to try producing power.

Thanks,

Nate

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum, and solar as well. I'm having the same problem with my 6000XP. I'm in PST and the inverter clock keeps reverting -8 hours seemingly every day. I gave up trying to correct it. I have the app on my phone and connecting locally through Bluetooth. I don't see an option anywhere for timezone, because that's what seems like is logically happening, however I don't see a reason for it to CHANGE by itself. I'm hoping that I don't have to register with the monitoring software just to change this, as I prefer to keep the inverter local, and do my logging locally on my own network. The video above doesn't seem to match mine either, the top left is totally blank.

I also have another problem, and will likely start another thread - I have been scouring the forum and haven't been able to find anyone with some insight. Does the inverter time have anything to do with the MPPT algorithm? I only bring it up on this thread because there feels like there could be some correlation. I'm trying to rule out the issue I'm having where in the morning the inverter will not gradually start producing power from the array, but "POP" on and all of a sudden be at 1000W. This hasn't always happened, but is happening for at least a week straight. I would find it hard to believe that the inverter thinks it's night time so it doesn't bother to try producing power.

Thanks,

Nate
Check out this short. Edit time zone is the first step.

Thanks for the quick response, and the video. If I hit the back button in the top left, it just takes me back to the login screen. I fear I will need to register the device, just so I can change the time zone locally. I have not tried registering yet.

I’ve blocked all internet access to the dongle via my router settings. The top two lights on the dongle are not flashing so I don’t think there’s anymore outside communication.

So far the inverter has not changed time and everything seems to be working as expected.

I wonder if it figures out which server it is going to connect to USA or China when you actually register it, maybe you can try that as a test if you don't mind registering.

I’d rather not be part of this database. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3764.jpeg

Back