diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 bypass

David Mc

My first night on utilities bypass my well
tripped off on what I think was low voltage
or lack of power. I am set up with 20 amps utility charging in # 11. I am feeding each inverter with a 40 amp breaker on #6 thhn
wire.
Question: does settling #11 restrict the bypass to 20 amps into my house panel or
the 40 amp breaker’s limiting my power to my house.
I have 4 6500 inverters, so is it
4 x 20=80amps in bypass to the house
or 4x 40 amp breaker = 120 amps to house in bypass mode.
The inverters feed a 100 amp panel to a transfer switch.
I have a 100 amp utility service.

How far away is the well (include depth) and what awg wire was used to the well.

I am feeding each inverter with a 40 amp breaker on #6 thhn wire.
Why only 40 and not 50 or 60?

I have 4 6500 inverters, so is it
4 x 20=80amps in bypass to the house
or 4x 40 amp breaker = 120 amps to house in bypass mode.
The inverters feed a 100 amp panel to a transfer switch.
I have a 100 amp utility service.

Post a few photos of your main panel and subpanel. I have an idea what you are saying but would like to make sure I understand.

Option 11 is what the inverters will pull from the AC IN line, and it’s per inverter.

My well is a surface jet pump pulling from 80 ft. Well bore is 320’ with 1/2 hp motor on # 10 wire. Its been working for over 20 years. Pump is only 1 years old and works ok on the grid.
I put 40 amp breakers because my utility in
is only a 100 amp service.
The pic with blue tape is my inverter output to the transfer switch to my house panel.
The other is my grid input to the inverters.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0039.jpeg
    IMG_0039.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 33
My well is a surface jet pump pulling from 80 ft. Well bore is 320’ with 1/2 hp motor on # 10 wire. Its been working for over 20 years. Pump is only 1 years old and works ok on the grid.
I put 40 amp breakers because my utility in
is only a 100 amp service.
The pic with blue tape is my inverter output to the transfer switch to my house panel.
The other is my grid input to the inverters.
Beautiful install.

One thing that caught my eye was on your AC IN panel. You have 2 reds going to a double pole breaker and 2 blacks going to another double pole breaker. Looking at the labeling, the reds go to inverters 3 and 4, but when I look at your image of your inverters, it looks like inverters 3/4 should both be phase 2 based on your labeling (same with 1/2 - your labels say phase one for both inverters). The way your inverters are labeled, 1/2 should be phase 1 and 3/4 should be phase 2.

You need to make sure that your inverters are on the same phase for both AC IN and AC Out. Hope that makes sense.

Beautiful install.

One thing that caught my eye was on your AC IN panel. You have 2 reds going to a double pole breaker and 2 blacks going to another double pole breaker. Looking at the labeling, the reds go to inverters 3 and 4, but when I look at your image of your inverters, it looks like inverters 3/4 should both be phase 2 based on your labeling (same with 1/2 - your labels say phase one for both inverters). The way your inverters are labeled, 1/2 should be phase 1 and 3/4 should be phase 2.

You need to make sure that your inverters are on the same phase for both AC IN and AC Out. Hope that makes sense.
I se that now! That’s what a fresh pair or eyes is good for. I will recheck that after work today.

Back