diy solar

diy solar

EG4-6500 parameters won't take

I'm working on updating mine right now and making a video about the process. I did see a comment about someone needing to reboot the inverters between updates because they were getting an error. I didn't have any problems doing back to back updates on my inverter 1. Currently updating inverter 2 now.

Could have done it live...but no one wants to watch the progress bar move... ?

I'm working on updating mine right now and making a video about the process. I did see a comment about someone needing to reboot the inverters between updates because they were getting an error. I didn't have any problems doing back to back updates on my inverter 1. Currently updating inverter 2 now.

Could have done it live...but no one wants to watch the progress bar move... ?
Did you get both updates to work (MCU and INV) ? MCU reflash worked for me INV failed. Going to try again with the reset after the MCU reflash. Fingers crossed !

I was having issues losing settings when I would completely shut down the inverters, I believe it was caused by my Raspberry Pi3 browning out the inverters since I have it plugged into a separate power source and I'm using the micro USB ports. I have not had the issue since I started unplugging my Pi before completely shutting down the inverters.

Did you get both updates to work (MCU and INV) ? MCU reflash worked for me INV failed. Going to try again with the reset after the MCU reflash. Fingers crossed !
I was able to get all the updates to work...all 4 times I ran them.... (stupid screen share program wasn't working out so I kept having to reflash the inverters...)

I was having issues losing settings when I would completely shut down the inverters, I believe it was caused by my Raspberry Pi3 browning out the inverters since I have it plugged into a separate power source and I'm using the micro USB ports. I have not had the issue since I started unplugging my Pi before completely shutting down the inverters.
That's one big reason why I switched to using the USB to Cat5 cable from Watts247. That and the micro-usb port on the displays are very flimsy. I didn't wana break it plugging and un-plugging the micro-usb cable.

That's one big reason why I switched to using the USB to Cat5 cable from Watts247. That and the micro-usb port on the displays are very flimsy. I didn't wana break it plugging and un-plugging the micro-usb cable.
Can you share a link to the cable ? thanks

The led strip on my EG4 was working then today it is off.
I found parameter 51 (led control on/off) was set to disable. I changed it to enable and it made no difference. I went back into parameter 51 to check and it was back to disable:(. I have 2 inverts and they are both doing the same thing. When I change the parameter it seems to take but it changes back.
I have the exact same problem with setting the year month day. Any ideas ?
Maybe I should upgrade the firmware ? My unit is only a few months old.
Same exact issue. At one point I got them to work, then disabled them for a bit. I tried turning them on the other day but no go. I've also emailed SS with a laundry list of other issues. I got a reply on 1/5 that one of their techs was looking into it but haven't heard back since.

Same exact issue. At one point I got them to work, then disabled them for a bit. I tried turning them on the other day but no go. I've also emailed SS with a laundry list of other issues. I got a reply on 1/5 that one of their techs was looking into it but haven't heard back since.
What firmware version are you running on your inverters?

U1 shows 79 03
U2 shows 61 05

I have a cable on order to upgrade the firmware, should be here Monday, hopefully that helps!
Good deal. I know that’s several versions behind and one of the later versions was supposed to resolve losing settings, but I can’t recall which one. I might try and scour the forums to compile my own change log since SS doesn’t provide one.

First I reflash the MCU with no issues. Next I tried to flash the DSP (fail) and the inverter using the ArenaINVReflashTool (fail). Both total fails.
Using the DSP flash gives this: dsp.hex can't be found.....View attachment 134109
Next the results of the ArenaINVReflashTool: View attachment 134110

I'm really wanting this EG4 system to work but man this is getting frustrating. I have a couple of issues that the latest firmware are supposed to solve. Issues are parameters not taking, parameters taking then changing and the biggie: inverter won't switch over to utility at the set point in parameter 12. It seems that no one at signature solar can give you the facts. I had to buy a special programming cable to flash the MCU, but there are 2 other items that I can't even get a straight answer on: 1) dsp reflash & 2) ArenaINVReflashTool to flash the inv
Has anybody ever flashed the dsp ? Has anybody ever flashed the inv using the ArenaINVReflashTool ? The tools are provided on the firmware download page but they don't even work. How lame is that ?
By the way I'm a PE, EE and automation controls engineer with 30 yrs. experience so it's not that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Man this is getting frustrating.
I think I'm going to start a separate thread about this.

I have had all these same issues with my EG4 inverters. Signature Solar just keeps telling me to update the firmware over and over again. Every time I do i end up with more problems. Now one of my inverters is dead and Signature Solar stopped responding to me so I ordered and installed 2 LV6548Vs from MPP. I set up the batteries to USE and option 12 to 51V, 13 to 52V, 29 to 48V. Float voltage is set to 54V and bulk is set to 55.6V

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back