diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 sudden death

MizzouMookie

Been running a pair of EG4 6500ex inverters and eg4-ll v1 / v2 batteries since last summer. Split phase setup, 2p1 and 2p2, had the original 2p1 fail with error code f08 bus voltage to high after running steady for around 3 months. So got a replacement for the 2p1, and it’s been running fine until tonight. I was actually in the shop that they run and then half the lights went out, and a split second later the other phase dropped out as well, leaving me standing in the dark. 2p1 fans turned on full blast and displays fault F12 dc-dc over current. So switched over to grid and tried a full shut down disconnected all forms of power from inverters and tried to restart them with just the batteries. No luck it’s dead, turns on but no output and displays F12. Manual doesn’t offer anything for diag. Been running the setup using a raspberry pi and solar assistant. it appears to have fried the raspberry pi as well since it will no longer boot up. Batteries are sitting around 85% and loads were low at less than 1000watts, led lighting and a 240v heat pump. I have a sense energy monitor so I can look at loads history during the failure and nothing out of the normal was noted, just the sudden outage. Anyone have any ideas? Running current firmware

Back