diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6500EX current sharing cable

A few things you might see in the next few days.

- Flashing 2P1 (Battery Alarm most likely because of CellOV)

- F61 ( battery communication error) and/or (update inverter firmware)

- F80 ( Maybe battery communication related to Battery SOC doesn't match voltage reading)

- WatchPower App reports incorrect SOC when using "EG4" (flip break off and on one at a time starting with host and each additional battery) also see F80

- Charge Amperages automatically changes (this normal when using EG4 type. Amperage is throttled down automatically by the inverter at 95% and 99% SOC)

-Cell OV battery alarm (Check battery status using BMS Test program, need to top balance, change to USE type until top balanced) see flashing 2P1

-EG4 type has one voltage setting 58v and your batteries will report CellOV until they are top balanced (may take several days or switch to USE and creep up on pack voltage start around 55 or 56ish volts)

- Battery incorrectly reporting 100% SOC at a lower voltage (recalibrate battery aka cycle the breaker, seems to only occur during first couple of charges. Really messes up top balancing when the battery reports 100% SOC because the inverter throttles down amperage when the battery reports full when it really isn't.)
I had 3 lifepower4 batteries running fine on the closed loop system. I got a new one a few days ago. I charged the new one to full then added it to the lineup and now I get the 61 fault code

I had 3 lifepower4 batteries running fine on the closed loop system. I got a new one a few days ago. I charged the new one to full then added it to the lineup and now I get the 61 fault code
I forgot to switch the dip switch on my old host battery. so I had 2 hosts. I changed dip switches and all is well

If you have any issues, ask away.

Ive done the latest update on all 4 inverters have them set for EG4 host, and use on the other 3. Been fine for a month or so. but still getting 32 error on my #2 inverter but only at night when its disconnecting from pv. ( i have #2 & #3 set in Standby most of the time)

Yesterday i got error 80 and everything shut down. Changed all inverters to use and these settings. Ran ok after that.

Setting 2: 80a
Setting 5: USE
Setting 11: 30a
Setting 12: 48v
Setting 13: 56v
Setting 26: 56v
Setting 27: 56v
Setting 29: 46v

Are these fine or do you use some different ones?

Ive done the latest update on all 4 inverters have them set for EG4 host, and use on the other 3. Been fine for a month or so. but still getting 32 error on my #2 inverter but only at night when its disconnecting from pv. ( i have #2 & #3 set in Standby most of the time)

Yesterday i got error 80 and everything shut down. Changed all inverters to use and these settings. Ran ok after that.

Setting 2: 80a
Setting 5: USE
Setting 11: 30a
Setting 12: 48v
Setting 13: 56v
Setting 26: 56v
Setting 27: 56v
Setting 29: 46v

Are these fine or do you use some different ones?
I have been dealing with F80 issues for months. F80 is a CAN BUS error and should have nothing to do with battery communication, it is the connection between inverters for the split phase operation. I have been working with Signature Solar on this, no answers from them yet.
My F80 issue is like your 32 error in that it shuts down at night when disconnecting from PV. I get random power outages occasionally during the day for a minute or two and the inverters will automatically restart without error.

I have been dealing with F80 issues for months. F80 is a CAN BUS error and should have nothing to do with battery communication, it is the connection between inverters for the split phase operation. I have been working with Signature Solar on this, no answers from them yet.
My F80 issue is like your 32 error in that it shuts down at night when disconnecting from PV. I get random power outages occasionally during the day for a minute or two and the inverters will automatically restart without error.

Does it happen everyday? And only on PV disconnecting?
Yea, they do some crazy suff sometimes for no reason. I have the 32 everynight.

Does it happen everyday? And only on PV disconnecting?
Yea, they do some crazy suff sometimes for no reason. I have the 32 everynight.
Every night. I shut down PV every night before the last light and have no problem. If I leave it on I watch everything shut down as battery and PV switch to battery only. (about 54 watts) Get F80 and have to restart. I do worry about the contacts of my PV disconnect getting used every night for shutdown, hopefully it will be resolved sooner than later.

Back