diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6500ex issue

Djbodya

Hey people need help I recently assembled the eg4 6500EX and I need info on why the PV is not giving any input.. I give it about 250voc PV. I will be connecting it to a larger array but I wanted to just run through the system set up. Here are some picks to help you see..
The system turns on and is outputting 120v with everything working.. I just can't get it to power up with PV. Also AC imput is making a clicking sound in the unit but comes up as 120 imput.. if I can please get some help with this and how to set up menu options as well ........ thanks. 20220918_133429.jpg20220905_171202.jpg

check your PV switch . you not have wired that right . if I remember mine my wires were like cris crossed in switch to work

Hey people need help I recently assembled the eg4 6500EX and I need info on why the PV is not giving any input.. I give it about 250voc PV. I will be connecting it to a larger array but I wanted to just run through the system set up. Here are some picks to help you see..
The system turns on and is outputting 120v with everything working.. I just can't get it to power up with PV. Also AC imput is making a clicking sound in the unit but comes up as 120 imput.. if I can please get some help with this and how to set up menu options as well ........ thanks. View attachment 113211View attachment 113212
Did you resolve your issue? I recently assembled a backup generator system with server batteries and the same EGR inverter/charger, and upon my initial PV check, it was not recognizing my PV input. Thanks in advance. Have a wonderful day!

Are you starting the system with the battery connected? They require a battery for initial setup.

check your PV switch . you not have wired that right . if I remember mine my wires were like cris crossed in switch to work
Wiring on that disconnect is 1 3 5 7 on one end starting on the left and 8 6 4 2 on the other. Connection is Positive 1 to 2, Negative 3 to 4.

Can you post what your voltages are on the terminals. And show possibly a picture of it. Please exercise caution with pv conductors. Probe the terminals to avoid issues.

Also the screen has to be connected before anything will turn on. Also be sure to enable the pre-charge resistor circuit when connecting the battery to the inverter. Or else it will overload the BMS and shut itself off

Back