diy solar

diy solar

EG4 8kw battery charging current

Streeter07

Still running 2 8kw inverters in parallel for a little over 4 months and doing ok. When first started up, each inverter's charging current was set at 25 amps. Over time I kept increasing the charge current setting by 10 or so amps and they both increased until they hit 50 amps apiece. After that they stopped increasing regardless of raising the inverter charge settings. My solar panels are split up into 4 arrays of 3kw each. Master inverter gets 2 arrays, slave gets the other 2. During mid-day, when they are doing max charging current of 100 amps total it would be approx 5600 watts. That leaves close to 5kw to spare from the panels. I would like to do more charging when extra power is available. On the master screen it shows 150 amps charge limit but on the slave it shows charge and discharge both to be at 50 amps. Is it the battery BMS thats limiting the current? I have 6 EG4LL batteries in one cabinet and 6 EG4 Lifepowers in a 2nd cabinet. The master inverter comm is connected to the LL batteries first then over to the Lifepower rack.

I am running DIY batteries with no comm to the inverter. I had to set my battery capacity to 1000Ah in order to maximize the charge current to the batteries. It seems the inverter was limiting power when I had it set to 280Ah. It might be worth a try to temporarily change battery settings to see if it increased charge current.

Back