diy solar

diy solar

EG4 8kW Hybrid Inverter - my impression after 30 days use.

Is there any settings for the generator? I can't seem to find any on the one I installed, but Signature Solar keeps telling me there are generator settings in the menu.

So with all being said; are there any ongoing issues with the eg4 8k?
I don't have issues with mine. That being said, I am not using the "on-grid" function that seemed to give this forum owner problems in his video.

The one issue I had to resolve, which was simply understanding which menu button to navigate to in order to fix was finally explained by SS after a month of no response from their sub par tech support. That's my only gripe. The device itself is fantastic....but I will let you know if it breaks.

"The manual covered the exact steps needed to insure communication from the batteries to the inverter."
I have installed a system with 2 8kw inverters planning to run in parallel eventually. I have 2 battery packs consisting of 6 EG4 lifepower's and 4 EG4LL V2's. I cannot for the life of me make either inverter start up and communicate with any battery. Currently have each inverter (not tied together yet) connected from the CAN RS485 BMS port to the CAN port on a EG4LL V2 battery. Per Signature Solar, the battery settings are set to CAN/Deyes or CAN/MGR (Megarevo I assume). Every time I apply battery power to the inverters, they go thru initializing then instantly get "Error 27: BMS comm fail" a nd then they sit in standby. As of now i do not see where the manual explains all this. Also, Error 27 doesn't even exist in the error listing. Could you tell me what all your settings are?

"Could you tell me what all your settings are?"

Did you make changes on the EG4 v2 batteries themselves? They give specific instructions on the settings, which are performed on the batteries (not the inverter) and also instructions on which port to plug into and the inverters settings. When you are using EG4 batteries with the EG4 inverter it recognizes the batteries as EG4 batteries, not some other brand.

I am out at my barn atm, so I can't get you specifics. I know getting a response from SS can be frustrating. I sympathize with you.

I have 2 battery packs consisting of 6 EG4 lifepower's and 4 EG4LL V2's. I cannot for the life of me make either inverter start up and communicate with any battery. Currently have each inverter (not tied together yet) connected from the CAN RS485 BMS port to the CAN port on a EG4LL V2 battery. Per Signature Solar, the battery settings are set to CAN/Deyes or CAN/MGR (Megarevo I assume). Every time I apply battery power to the inverters, they go thru initializing then instantly get "Error 27: BMS comm fail" a nd then they sit in standby. As of now i do not see where the manual explains all this. Also, Error 27 doesn't even exist in the error listing. Could you tell me what all your settings are?
How did you connected the batteries to inverter ?
What pins on the RJ45 connector on the battery side did you connect to what pins on the RJ45 on the inverter side ?

What pins on the RJ45 connector on the battery side did you connect to what pins on the RJ45 on the inverter side ?

There are two communication ports on the EG4 v2 batteries. 1 RS485 and 1 CANBUS. I am pretty sure they only work on the CANBUS port for the EG4. And you have to make sure that setting is set on the Battery menu (not inverter). Additionally, you have to setup the PINS on each battery, with the first battery being the master.

There are two communication ports on the EG4 v2 batteries. 1 RS485 and 1 CANBUS. I am pretty sure they only work on the CANBUS port for the EG4. And you have to make sure that setting is set on the Battery menu (not inverter). Additionally, you have to setup the PINS on each battery, with the first battery being the master.
I had such hard time getting it to work om my OEM MR (bluesun).

See https://diysolarforum.com/threads/megarevo-rxlna-discussion.36290/page-26

Yes, you have set the address of the batteries with a series of dip-switches.
Inverter has to be set too:

these are the settings in my MR:
The labels are depending on what version of the firmware installed:
1. -- SYS SETTING --
1: WORK MODE -> 1. SELF CONSUME
2: EPS ENABLE -> 2. ENABLE
3: BAT WAKE-UP -> 1. DISABLE
4: REMOTE CTRL -> 1. DISABLE
5: START DELAY -> START-UP DELAY INPUT: 20 UNIT: SEC
6: PV INPUT -> 1. INDEPENDANT (I have 2 mppt's in use with 2 different arrays)
7: Anti Reverse -> 1. DISABLE
8: ARC ENABLE -> 1. DISABLE
9: BUTT ENABLE -> 1. DISABLE
2. --BAT SETTING--
1: BAT TYPE -> 3:Lithum
2: DISC-DEPTH -> GRID DOD: 080% OFFGridDOD: 080% Return: 040% (not sure what the return means)
3: CHARG-CURR -> INPUT: 190 UNIT: A
4: BAT-COMM -> 2: CAN
3. --GRID STD-- -> 9:US-CA ( I assume short for USA-CANADA?)
4. --GRID SET-- -> 2: 120V/240V

"Could you tell me what all your settings are?"

Did you make changes on the EG4 v2 batteries themselves? They give specific instructions on the settings, which are performed on the batteries (not the inverter) and also instructions on which port to plug into and the inverters settings. When you are using EG4 batteries with the EG4 inverter it recognizes the batteries as EG4 batteries, not some other brand.

I am out at my barn atm, so I can't get you specifics. I know getting

Yes the EG4 batteries use CAN protocol when used with the EG4 8k inverter even though in the EG4LL V2 battery menu EG4 is listed under the RS485 protocol. Megarevo and Deye are listed under the CAN protocol which is actually who makes the 8k. Apparently the 8k inverters were looking for the master batteries to be address 1 even though SS said the master should be 0. Finally set the master batteries dip switches to 1,2,&3 off, 4 on to make it address 1 and the inverters both started ginning.

Just used an old RJ45 cable connected to the CAN BMS port (lower left) on the 8k inverter and the CAN port on the EG4LL battery

Back