diy solar

diy solar

eg4 back feed issue.

Asymair95

I’m having an issue with my split phase eg4 set up. The slave inverter is back feeding amperage through the pv2 circuit when a load is supplied (water heater). It also will not charge the batteries above 25a. It’s also emitting a high pitch whine during loads.

See video for example. Thanks for any help.

Good afternoon! I'm sorry your inverter isn't functioning as intended. Mind if I email you? This sounds like a defective rectifier, or mppt. Typically, we shouldn't be back feeding like that through the mppts. Please feel free to dm me and I'll star getting your order information pulled up.
Jarrett,
I sent you a message. Thank you for your help.

Jarrett,
I sent you a message. Thank you for your help.
No problem!

Sorry I didn't personally get in touch with you. I had an emergency to handle, but I didn't want to leave you hanging and I knew that Nicholas was capable of getting the information necessary to process your issue. Thank you for working with him yesterday!

No problem!

Sorry I didn't personally get in touch with you. I had an emergency to handle, but I didn't want to leave you hanging and I knew that Nicholas was capable of getting the information necessary to process your issue. Thank you for working with him yesterday!
@SignatureSolarJarrett just sent you a message. Same problem with one of my 6500ex’s.

Back