diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 battery comms with solark

Where can I find the how to resource for that?
Go to eg4electronics.com/downloads - Download the LP4 firmware file and extract the file - Follow the instructions on the "README" file to update the firmware.

Also, you will need a read/write cable that can be found here if you do not currently have one: https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-lifepower4-read-write-cable/

Edit to my earlier post: Where are you seeing V3.15 and V3.7? Only asking because the issue might not have anything to do with a FW update.

Last edited:
send a picture
Man, I just disconnected the hub because the voltage started fluctuating into the 130s and 114s after I hooked it up. After I did that the voltage was still fluctuating, so I changed the inverter back to USE setting. The fluctuations stopped after that.

Don't really want to go through that again today, maybe I'll try/test EG4 setting again tomorrow.

It was the first screen on every pack. In the bottom left it gave the status of the battery: charging or stand-by; on the bottom right, it said either V3.7 or V3.15.

And the hub I have makes a whining noise that changes pitch when pushing buttons.

This may have been answered before. What kind of cable do I use to connect ll v2 EG4 batteries to my Sol-Ark15k? I was told to connect canbus to canbus for closed loop, however what kind of cable? WIll it just be a regular cat5/6 cable?

@SignatureSolarJames @SignatureSolarPeyton
I just received and connected my communications hub and it is working great. So pleased my two parallel SolArks and LF4 rack can now talk. I had noticed that the SOC on the SolArk was off by at least 10 percentage points running open-loop compared to the battery info. With summer approaching and expected higher demand on the batteries, I appreciate the effort put into the hub.

Just an fyi for others, I had previously set my batteries dips to 3-4-5-6-7-8 (months ago, thinking my SolArks would be 1-2 at the time). I left them set there and the LF4s worked just fine with the comms hub. It took all of 10 minutes to setup.

Thanks,
Paul
@phubner,

I have 2 15k's as well as 12 LifePower4's in an off-grid config. I recently received a comm hub as well, but have yet to hook it up. A couple questions if you can help:

1. The comm hub manual (pg. 3) wants the battery the hub is connected to at ID#1. Looks like you don't have it that way? The hub still works fine?

2. Did you only connect the hub to the master Sol-Ark? No need to hook up to the slave?

Thanks for any info you might have...

-James

Back