diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Brightmount compatible hidden end clamps

steve_ah

I ordered 2 EG4 Brightmount ground mount kits and I'm trying to find hidden end clamps that are compatible with the brightmount rails. Changing to hidden end clamps will allow me to mount the solar panels I already own, right to the edge of the 179.5in long rails and allow me to mount 4 panels per rack instead of 3.

I've researched multiple different types of rail systems, and most do not provide specific enough engineering drawings that show the dimensions of their rail attachment points, so I can't be sure that they will fit the EG4 Brightmount rails.

I've already found that Ironridge's and K2 yeti's hidden end clamps do not look like they will fit just by the way their rails are shaped.

Here are some potential rail systems that may fit, but I can't be sure. Has someone already found hidden end clamps that will fit? Or perhaps some that may only need minimal modification?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-191232.png
    Screenshot_20240113-191232.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240113-192831.png
    Screenshot_20240113-192831.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 2

I saw the extensions and that is great as most panels I was considering are over 40", but there is also a 'splice' kit. Would you need both?

I just bought and used the several of the extensions kits.. one kit is everything you need for one Brightmount you need to extend.

My panels are 45" wide and I was able to easily fit 4 after installing the extensions. They don't give you any directions but basically I just drilled pilot holes and used the self tapping screws provided and it seems very secure.

NOTE: It's super easy to snap the screw heads off on the screws provided. 😅

Back