diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter 120V Adapter

rnorty

I'd like to be able to charge my batteries with a dirty generator and want to use a standalone EG4 chargeverter instead of the 6500XPs I bought. I only have access to a 120V (predator 5000 watt) generator at the moment. I'm planning on installing a 240V, 10kw~ generator pretty soon. I'm wanting to use a 4 prong 50amp inlet. Can I drop one of the legs between the outdoor cable and the 120v generator with this adapter? I have to fly everything to my property so I want to build my adapter before I bring it out.

https://eg4electronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/EG4®-Chargeverter-GC-Manual.pdf (Page 6 has the plug diagrams)

Does the predator have the 4 prong outlet? If so, are you sure it's not a split phase unit? My Predaturd 3500 is split phase.

The 50-30A adapters either short L1 to L2 or drop L2 depending on if male or female, but it's not clear how you're going to connect to the generator. It's also not clear that the adapter will feed the 4 prong plug with the correct wires.

Does the predator have the 4 prong outlet? If so, are you sure it's not a split phase unit? My Predaturd 3500 is split phase.

The 50-30A adapters either short L1 to L2 or drop L2 depending on if male or female, but it's not clear how you're going to connect to the generator. It's also not clear that the adapter will feed the 4 prong plug with the correct wires.
Unfortunately it does not have split phase. It has a TT-30R (3 prong) receptacle. My inverters are mounted inside an insulated shipping container. I'm planning on running the chargeverters cable into a receptacle on the wall, through the wall, to a 14-50 "Inlet" on the outside with a 14-50 cable to the generator, with a adapter. That way when I get a properly side generator, I can just drop the adapter and plug it right in.

diy solar

diy solar
Back