diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Inverter Monitoring

mtbguy

I have a couple of EG4 6500EX-48's. Love them but trying to figure out a good way to monitor them. The Watchpower app is not so good.
It would be nice to see collective/aggregate statistics and history from them. e.g. would like to see all PV input, as well as AC output without going to each inverter individually. Is there any way to get this information?
Thanks

Thanks for all the great information. I am just setting up 2 EG4-6500EX-48's with a single Trophy 100Ah battery, and solar assistant on the way. I have them wired up, 5 400 watt panels to each inverter. Again this is just a test setup and is off-grid.
I ran a load test to drain the battery which it did. The inverter setting #29 at 48.0, which is Trophy's suggested and the highest value that can be set in EG4. When it hit this limit load was cut off, however the inverter would no longer charge the battery. Looking at the battery it did not trigger low voltage protection, so I am thinking the inverter believes that the battery has low voltage protection. Since the Inverter and battery BMS are incompatible there is no cable between the two.
So my question is: Is there an inverter setting that I might have set incorrectly that would cause this?
Per the battery mfr, bulk chg #26: 56.8, float #27: 56.0, cutoff #29: 48.0 are my settings.

Last edited:
Back