diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower Batteries SOC vs Voltage Discrepancy

TurbineTester

Hellow i'm curious about the apparent and real difference between the displayed SOC and the Voltage of my 6 EG4 server rack mounted batteries. See the attached graphic. This information goes from the batteries to the OrangePi for the Solar Assistant Software. Do the EG4 inverters (i have 4) have an automatic equalization routine I can run or that the inverters automatically do every so often? 1691156172095.png

Last edited:
minor differences seem to be common, yours are pretty large
what charging voltage are you using ?

minor differences seem to be common, yours are pretty large
what charging voltage are you using ?
56.2 per spec sheet. But i do recall now that there is an equalization setting in the EG4 inverter settings and i do have it enabled. However, the equalization voltage is only set at the same as the chrage voltage. Should it be set at the default of 58.4 or so?

when mine start to diverge, I set the volts to 57.2 and within a day or so, they pretty much match up, then I go back to 56 til next time.
seems to work ok

The new battery firmware helped with battery consistency with all but one battery. That one battery in a stack of 5 shows the same voltage as the other 5 batteries but Solar Assistant shows that it charges about 15-20% slower and discharges 10-15% faster. The other 4 batteries remain with 5% of each other. Also, per Solar Assistant, the charging amps is lower and the discharge amps is higher than the other batteries so the percentages correlate well in that manner. If it was a connection issue seems the battery would charge and discharge slower but it doesn't. Seems the cells react slower to charging but faster when discharging. I should also mention this battery was added to an existing stack but was charged to 100% before adding to the stack. Maybe a different BMS hardware version? The existing batteries were purchased 6/22 and the added battery was purchased about a year later. Anyone have any ideas? @Markus_SignatureSolar ?

I’m going to try changing the bulk charging voltage to 57.2 for today and see how that affects it.

Back